Mayweathers training regime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweathers training regime

Anyoone know it .I was checking google and found this

WARM UP: touching toes, torso twists, side bends, push ups, full body stretch and bouncing on toes.

SHADOW BOXING: 4- 4min rounds (30 sec break after each round)

HEAVY BAG: 4- 4min rounds (30 sec break after each round)

SPEED BAG: 16 MIN (followed by 30 sec break)

FLOOR TO CEILING BAG: 16 MIN (followed by 30 sec break)

WEIGHTS ON HANDS: 3- 2 min rounds on the mitts with weights on hands

JUMPING ROPE: 25 min at a steady pace( followed by a 1 min break)

AB WORK: 4- 100 sit ups, 4- 100 leg raises, 4- 100 crunches (30 sec between all sets)

Roadwork: 3-5 miles for 5 or 6 days

He stays away from weights.

Anyone know any more detail about Mayweathers routine

I remember looking up the real one a couple years ago, but I can't find it now. The one you just posted is not real. Floyd does much, much, much more than that. He runs something like 8 miles, he does occasionally do weighted exercises, and spars a bazillion 6 minute rounds. I don't remember exact specifics, but I remember enough to know that one and many others are fake. A lot of boxers routines on the internet are made up by people just to see who will believe it (especially a lot of Mike Tyson's routines).

Comment

A bazillion more than that .FFS heavy ball burster

Comment

Originally posted by Brickfists3 View Post
        I remember looking up the real one a couple years ago, but I can't find it now. The one you just posted is not real. Floyd does much, much, much more than that. He runs something like 8 miles, he does occasionally do weighted exercises, and spars a bazillion 6 minute rounds. I don't remember exact specifics, but I remember enough to know that one and many others are fake. A lot of boxers routines on the internet are made up by people just to see who will believe it (especially a lot of Mike Tyson's routines).
        It may not necessarily be a fake. You must remember that boxers and in fact most professional athletes never stick with the same routine for a period of longer than 2 weeks (the time it takes for the body to get accustomed to any specific routine). Professional routines usually start with a low intensity pace and constantly pick up intensity while changing exercises in the routine often enough to cause muscle confussion. No athlete ever does the same routine for an entire year, season, or even month so this may simply be a sample from one of his many varying routines... saw one similar to this in his interview in Muscle & Fitness Magazine.

Comment

What works for them may not work for you.... just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by jmacky View Post
            Whatever mate.The difference is Mayweather's in top condition all the time and he works the hardest out nearly all fighters I read .That regime just makes me know it's time to move up a gear and start pushing myself harder ,inspiring.

Comment

I remember on 24/7 he hit the mits for about 40 minutes straight.

Comment

Originally posted by Valero 27-0 View Post
                I remember on 24/7 he hit the mits for about 40 minutes straight.
                I watched a Mayweather Gatti highlights video and it said he spars 15 minute rounds with fresh sparring partners moving in to increase his stamina as well That's intense great ability as an athlete.

Comment

Originally posted by jmacky View Post
                  Thats spot on mate

Comment

No specific but he mkes use of loads of volume - long rounds, lots of rounds, short breaks.

I think it'd be a safe bet to take the training regime of a top fighter, double it, and that'd be Mayweathers.

He runs daily, his jumprope is done in one huge block ratehr than multiple rounds, he spars and insane amount, and so on.

Comment

Working...
                    X