Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This may be a stupid question but I need anyone to answer it ,please?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This may be a stupid question but I need anyone to answer it ,please?

What being "intelligent" in the ring means? Having a great technic or its something different?

really stupid question but well.. Thanks

Originally posted by pblo_rl View Post
    What being "intelligent" in the ring means? Having a great technic or its something different?

really stupid question but well.. Thanks
    Some boxers just go in there and just throw a lot of wild and random punches. If you are intelligent you will pick your shots, work rate, movements and style depending on what your opponent's strengths and weaknesses are. You will use your mind, just as much as your body, just like you would in a game of chess.

Comment

That can be a number of things and depends on the situation. ie it's intelligent to not punch your self out in the first round, it's intelligent to place and time your shots perfectly rather than going in and flailing your arms wildly. Basically it means having a plan and purpose with every movement you do in the ring, ask yourself why you are doing that when you are shadow boxing, if you can't answere you aren't boxing "intelligently".

Comment

honestly I dont think i could get a better answer. Thank you guys

Comment

The above answers explain it well enough. Bearing that in mind...there are people, one I know of personally, who are so stupid they can barely tie their own shoes, but when they step in the ring, are pure genius. Naturally gifted with ring smarts.

I suppose one could say, boxing idiot savants.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTruthIs View Post
            The above answers explain it well enough. Bearing that in mind...there are people, one I know of personally, who are so stupid they can barely tie their own shoes, but when they step in the ring, are pure genius. Naturally gifted with ring smarts.

I suppose one could say, boxing idiot savants.
            Thats what I was thinking, some boxers outside the ring are dumb as f. but when boxing they can have an uncanny ability to predict the opponents moves, counter punch lightning fast, and just get themselves in the right position at the right time that seems like they are super intelligent. Intelligence takes different forms though, this just demonstrates it.

Comment

I think being "intelligent" means that its knowing when to attack and when to defend. Its the idea of always thinking, and trying to solve the puzzle of your opponent. Being intelligent also can be based off the idea of how to pace yourself; knowing the exact time to throw the finishing moves.

Comment

Thank you all

Comment

It means you need to box a good game tactically

Comment

I'd say it means knowin what it takes to win in every fight. Always havin a proper strategy for any situation against any opponent. And havin plans b,c, and d when the blueprint don't work.

Comment

Working...
                    X