No announcement yet.

got to drive 10 hours on thursday for my new job

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got to drive 10 hours on thursday for my new job

good money & working 30 straight days in a potash mine...10 hour drive sucks but the money was too good to pass up...$$$$$$

i got to eat a pearl jam ticket though...

Comment

30 days? How much you making if you don't mind me asking

Comment

i drive 4-5 hours at least 3 times a week for work.

the only ***** to me is the milage i put on my car (but its all tax deductible, so i don't complain a ****load.)

at least they are all highway.

it beats sitting at a desk, to be honest. at least that's my opinion

i'd split ur trip up with one break (unless your car needs to get filled a ****load)

get gas and eat at the same time.

long trips aren't bad for your vehicle unless you are in serious heat.

is this the longest trip you have ever taken?
        dont sweat it, bro, if this is the longest.

if you have a well maintained car you wont have to worry much.

check your tires for air before you go
        make sure you wont need a oil change
        you got all your headlights, etc

if you drive enough, eventually you will break down.
        early this summer my alternator went, and i had to get towed to a dealership and wait on a part to get it replaced.

if you can, its good to have at least a grand in your bank account just in case you break down and need a tow and repairs.
        obviously if something really bad happens, this will not be enough to fix it, but it will at least get you a tow and a motel room if you get in a jam.

and have at it. make sure you got somebody you know who you will check in with if you got one (i don't, but if i did, i'd tell them when i was going to get to wherever i was going and that id give them a call when i got there.)

i put in about 175 miles yesterday.
        easy work.

it's foliage season around here, but not enough to make me hit traffic.

nice little drive.
        Last edited by New England; 09-21-2011, 06:47 AM.

Comment

yeah how much are you getting paid?

Comment

Joe: around $7-9k for 30 straight days?

Comment

We demand an answer!

Comment

why not just fly?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  i drive 4-5 hours at least 3 times a week for work.

the only ***** to me is the milage i put on my car (but its all tax deductible, so i don't complain a ****load.)

at least they are all highway.

it beats sitting at a desk, to be honest. at least that's my opinion

i'd split ur trip up with one break (unless your car needs to get filled a ****load)

get gas and eat at the same time.

long trips aren't bad for your vehicle unless you are in serious heat.

is this the longest trip you have ever taken?
                  dont sweat it, bro, if this is the longest.

if you have a well maintained car you wont have to worry much.

check your tires for air before you go
                  make sure you wont need a oil change
                  you got all your headlights, etc

if you drive enough, eventually you will break down.
                  early this summer my alternator went, and i had to get towed to a dealership and wait on a part to get it replaced.

if you can, its good to have at least a grand in your bank account just in case you break down and need a tow and repairs.
                  obviously if something really bad happens, this will not be enough to fix it, but it will at least get you a tow and a motel room if you get in a jam.

and have at it. make sure you got somebody you know who you will check in with if you got one (i don't, but if i did, i'd tell them when i was going to get to wherever i was going and that id give them a call when i got there.)

i put in about 175 miles yesterday.
                  easy work.

it's foliage season around here, but not enough to make me hit traffic.

nice little drive.
                  the last 15 years i been making 5 hours drives up north & sometimes when things were slow id drive 5 hours for 40hr\week...ive done some long haul & i just stretch my legs when fill up for gas...where im driving to is prairies with nothing there.you can let you dog out & see it run for 3 days.flat prairies...i got some money in the bank...

Comment

Originally posted by Godsent View Post
                    why not just fly?
                    not that easy...i'm in a potash mine 2.5hours from anywhere...

Comment

Working...
                    X