Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Felix Trinidad have plaster hand wraps when he fought Fernando Vargas in 2000?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah. I think Tito had a left hook that was given to him by the man above. Once in a generation power in his hook.

Comment

Originally posted by Tay Roc View Post
      Tito is the one that let him do it.
      Hops stole that left uppercut and had tito doing salsa after the right hand lol

Man Tito is one cheating SOB. The fact you have to make a thread asking if he cheated tells me all i need to know, on top of him getting busted!

once a cheater...

Comment

The pain of getting deliberately hit by stone in your balls is unimaginable, I feel for Vargas, he was the better boxer in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
          All the guys in jail/prisons are what? Criminals right? I know you Ricans and Tito fans try to downplay it but it was illegal. Like I said, you can't have it both ways. If one is a cheater, so is the other. You guys are desperate, it shows even how you stans are just waiting for Pac to test positive so you can believe Cotto didn't lose without looking at his mistakes. Pathetic ass dudes if you ask me.
          Why did you ignore my comment:

"On January 24, 2009, Antonio Margarito fought Shane Mosley at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. In the dressing room prior to the fight, an illegal insert was found in each of Margarito’s knuckle pads."

"CSAC inspector David Pereda, who was in the room, later testified, 'Naazim opened the gauze and pulled something out of it. He showed us what appeared to be an old gauze which had been used before and hardened from perhaps being sweaty and wet many times.'”

"Inspector Guevara testified, 'It [the knuckle pad] was a clean new bandage. But within it, in the inner layers of it, was another bandage wrap. It was not as white as a new bandage wrap would be. It was used and it looked almost like it was sweat soaked and that’s what caused it to have the discoloration. It was harder in certain areas than it should be for pure gauze. It was definitely firm and hard. I believe there was a little bit of, it looked like old blood, on it.'”

http://www.secondsout.com/columns/th...handwrap-issue

why is his wrap cracked?

Comment

Tito vs pancho villa?

Tito via 5th rd ko a la Joppy

Comment

Trinidad got caught with illegal wraps in the prep room before fighting Hopkins. Bernard was not having it, they made Trinidad unwrap his hands many times. The audacity of him trying to cheat under the supervision of the commision is incredible.

Now think about it. If he got caught trying to cheat in that one fight, how many other fights was he successful?

My opinion is that Vargas is most likely correct. A boxer knows more than a keyboard warrior on this matter and besides, he is the one that was in there receiving the punches.

Im just glad Hopkins put an ending to that cheater, watching him get KOd by Hopkins in New York was sweet.

Comment

Let's get the party rolling

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                  Did De La Hoya and Shane Mosley (two times) also have plaster in their wraps also when they knocked Vargas out? Of all the stupid polls that appear on this site, this is one of the worst. Vargas' team watched Trinidad get his hands wrapped just like every other fighter's opponent. Vargas got the s....t beat out of him and is trying to rewrite history 15 years later.

I'll admit the wraps look crazy too me but... in Naseems own words

Joppy always felt some kind of way about that and he said something to me about catching the thing with Tito. But the thing is this, Tito Trinidad deserves to be in the Hall of Fame because the way Tito got his hands wrapped was legal in other states. It wasn't legal in New York, but it was legal in other states," stated world-class trainer Naazim Richardson, who shared his thoughts on recents comments made by former middleweight champion William Joppy regarding Hall of Famer Felix "Tito" Trinidad. According to Joppy, Trinidad didn't deserve to be inducted into the Hall of Fame because he felt the multi-division champion used illegal hand wraps throughout his career.

It's an issue that had never been brought up until Trinidad faced future Hall of Famer Bernard Hopkins months after his dominant 5th-round stoppage of Joppy. Richardson found himself in the middle of a controversy prior to that fight when he noticed that the technique which Trinidad's father and trainer, Don Felix, used to wrap his hands was not in accordance with the rules of the New York State Athletic Commission. Though ultimately Trinidad was required to re-wrap his hands, Richardson clarified that at the time, the technique was still legal in several other states.

"If they said we were fighting him in New York, okay then, y'all have an argument, but they weren't talking about his hand wraps when they made the fight. So by them not making it an issue, because they fought him in New York too, he knocked you out, you gotta live with it," he explained. "See, the way Margarito was getting his hands wrapped, that **** was illegal in MMA and every other sport and in every state. I can see if William [Joppy] was making that argument about Margarito, but with Tito, he just tried to wrap his hands...it could be an honest mistake."

Richardson added, "The Tito thing I think was more of ignorance. It was the fact that they were used to wrapping his hands like that all the time and most of the places you fight, like Vegas and everything, it's cool to wrap like that. So when they came to New York, they didn't think nothing of it. They just wrapped his hands the way they always wrap his hands. Well, we working by and abiding by the rules of New York, so I argued the case. But it ain't like the Margarito thing where he was blatantly trying to pull one off. One was ignorance and one was illegal."

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article17202.html

Comment

Tito hit like a freight train. At most the extra tape and gauze was to prevent injury to the hands. Tito had an amazing ability to transfer power from the balls of his feet into his punches. If you disrupted that base his power went with it. Hopkins cracked the code and knew that if he gave Tito angles and prevented him from getting set on the balls of his feet that he wouldn't have to worry about getting hit flush.

Comment

• Originally posted by Street View Post
                      Trinidad got caught with illegal wraps in the prep room before fighting Hopkins. Bernard was not having it, they made Trinidad unwrap his hands many times. The audacity of him trying to cheat under the supervision of the commision is incredible.

Now think about it. If he got caught trying to cheat in that one fight, how many other fights was he successful?

My opinion is that Vargas is most likely correct. A boxer knows more than a keyboard warrior on this matter and besides, he is the one that was in there receiving the punches.

Im just glad Hopkins put an ending to that cheater, watching him get KOd by Hopkins in New York was sweet.

Title style of wrapping was legal in other states not in New York. Not saying it didn't help his career, it absolutely did. But it's a bit different from clear intentional cheating.

Comment

Working...
                      X