Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With both Vitali and Haye likely retiring, who is the second best heavyweight now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With both Vitali and Haye likely retiring, who is the second best heavyweight now?

Vitali Klitschko may be retiring (we'll know within a week or two) and Haye says if he can't fight Vitali, he'll also retire (again).

Vitali is the second best heavyweight based on what he's done since his return, regaining the WBC title in the fall of 2008 and beating a number of contenders such as Arreola and Solis (although he looked faded against Chisora and Charr and so may no longer be the H2H second best HW).

David Haye is regarded by many as the third best heavyweight (although I personally rate people like Pulev and Fury ahead of him based on what they've done the past two years).

So without Vitali and Haye, who is the second best heavyweight?

Is it Pulev, Price, Fury, Povetkin or someone else?
    Kubrat Pulev
    21.05%
    Tyson Fury
    15.79%
    David Price
    18.42%
    Chris Arreola
    2.63%
    Alexander Povetkin
    23.68%
    Robert Helenius
    5.26%
    Bryant Jennings
    0.00%
    Tomasz Adamek
    2.63%
    Vyacheslav Glazkov
    0.00%
    Deontay Wilder
    10.53%

The poll is expired.

me i think.

Comment

Man the division is so terrible it's like asking which turd smells better than the other

Comment

On paper I guess you'd have to say Povetkin.

As bright a prospect as he looks David Price's pro HW career is only 16 fights deep, it surely can't be him yet.

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
        Man the division is so terrible it's like asking which turd smells better than the other
        What makes 147 any better when a blown up lightweight is the best opposition the No.1 can muster?

Comment

Scary. I won't vote because I'd feel embarrassed to say that any of them are the next best. And the sad thing is, one of them IS the next best...

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            What makes 147 any better when a blown up lightweight is the best opposition the No.1 can muster?
            THIS ^^^^^

And Floyd will likely be fighting a blown-up featherweight in Robert Guerrero.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
              Do you really need to keep doing this?

It gets sickening after awhile.

Dan Rafael said in his chat today the heavyweight division is becoming interesting with all the talented up-and-comers.

Comment

Pulev, for sure.

Povetkin has regressed, and Fury, Price and Wilder are too green.

Comment

Orlander Solis has the most Talent and the only person i would give a chance against Wlad

Comment

Here comes all of the American haters again, and they are probably not even following the division (as there is no American HW really.)

That said, I like Arreola.

Pulev is my contender favourite, btw.

Comment

Working...
                    X