Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What current fighter is hyped the most while doing the least?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What current fighter is hyped the most while doing the least?

Which current fighter is hyped the most while doing the least to merit the hype? Like being ranked p4p and/or top of a division while having a shit resume?

Is it Crawford?
    GGG?
    Wilder?
    Joshua?
    Fury?
    Lomachencko?
    Canelo?
    Mikey Garcia?
    Adrien Broner(Larry's next FOTD lol)?

Who is receiving too much hype from mostly bum fights?

Dimitry Bivol hands down.

He is the saviour of the LHW division apparently

EDIT: *Dmitry Bivol, yet another reason I dislike the guy. Parents must have forgot to put another 'i' in his g4y AF name

Comment

Hands down wilder

Worst resume in boxing hw champ history even Charles Martin was better Lol

Ducks everyone yet keeps yapping fat away

Comment

GGG takes my vote.
        I'm surprised you haven't mentioned Spence!

Comment

I have to put down AJ.
          He is a hype machine and whats his best win.
          An old feather fisted in-active heavy weight that almost put him down.
          I mean Cmon.

Comment

GGG without a doubt! No one in about 20 years has been given as much hype

Comment

Now it's Mikey Garcia. He is the most basic "star" of all time. Ever.

Comment

Either Charlo. Then Spence. Although i do believe Spence is the goods he really has only beaten a guy with a broken face and it took many rounds to beat him too
                Last edited by Steven Mccowan; 08-22-2018, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Though he's not ranked, Joe Joyce has done absolutely nothing but people are acting like guys are running from him.

The only thing Saunders did in years was beat Lemieux (another overhyped fighter) and people want to act like he's gonna hang with GG, Canelo, or Charlo.

GG is a bit overhyped but I do feel he should have a Canelo W so I do think he's good. He's just not the God that casual fans want to make him out to be.

Wilder is constantly bashed so I'm not sure how he can be overhyped when he's constantly being shyt on. I used to think he was overhyped though

Fury gets way too much hype for throwing 8 punches a round against a mentally broken 40 year old. Add the fact that he did fuk all for 3 years and abused his body and you have someone who is way overhyped.

Rigo was overhyped when he only had one decent fight but that doesn't really matter anymore.
                  There's actually a LOT of guys I used to say were overhyped that got exposed in the last year. I guess I tend to have a sense for these things.
                  Last edited by Redd Foxx; 08-22-2018, 06:08 AM.

Comment

They're all good fighters who deserve some hype. In terms of resumes Mikey has decent depth but lacks standout wins, while Fury has a standout win but lacks depth. Michael Conlan is one fighter I would say who is receiving hype (not on NSB but in the boxing media) when he doesn't really deserve any at all right now

Comment

Working...
                    X