Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow, just wow.

Comment

Originally posted by big paulie View Post
      How can you be that technically floored and be a great champion, nah man he was part of the biggest hype machines in the history of sport, yeah he beat a couple of good fighters but when the chips were down he simply didnt posess the fundamentals that were needed to survive at elite level.
      'Its not that i want that rematch, i'm gettin that rematch!' Ya get me!!
      Of course a fighter can be technically flawed but be very successful. Meaning style wise, his technique was very vunerable to being hit, and being off balance and floored. Yet it worked for him until he met Barrera.

I dont think he was just hype. He was a loud moth showman, but take that away and u have a feather weight champion who held all the major belts and only lost once. Thats not hype. He just couldnt live up to the level he bragged about reaching.

Comment

lol damn can his head wobble.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Pazuzu View Post
          Of course a fighter can be technically flawed but be very successful. Meaning style wise, his technique was very vunerable to being hit, and being off balance and floored. Yet it worked for him until he met Barrera.

I dont think he was just hype. He was a loud moth showman, but take that away and u have a feather weight champion who held all the major belts and only lost once. Thats not hype. He just couldnt live up to the level he bragged about reaching.
          Yeah ok i'll agree with that, there have been world champions who have been flawed but Hameds flaws were gargantuan. As for the titles, Hamed won the IBF and defended twice, won the WBC but never defended it and never won a WBA bauble so he took part in only 4 fights featuring one of the 'big 3' the vast majority where WBO fights. Wonderfull accomplishments all the same. Gladly, the clown prince will forever be remembered as a fighter who could talk the talk but not walk the walk

Comment

Hamed could have been a great, you talk about his style being bad, yet you either try not to remember the fact that in his later career he lost the ambition to fight, thus hardly going to training and just depending on his own reflex and natural ability to fight.

THat's how he lost to barerra, watch that fight closely and you'll see - that was not the Naz we know. Barrera would get KTFO if the fight was earlier in Hamed's career.

Compare that vid to a video where Hamed's ****ing people up, and you'll forget about the flaws.

Every boxer has made their mistakes and has their flaws, this is just you trying to point 1 boxers flaws out in an attempt to make him look bad. And those gullable's that fell for it are just the plain haters that never liked him from the start.
            Last edited by Makaaveli; 03-03-2008, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Makaaveli View Post
              Hamed could have been a great, you talk about his style being bad, yet you either try not to remember the fact that in his later career he lost the ambition to fight, thus hardly going to training and just depending on his own reflex and natural ability to fight.

THat's how he lost to barerra, watch that fight closely and you'll see - that was not the Naz we know. Barrera would get KTFO if the fight was earlier in Hamed's career.

Compare that vid to a video where Hamed's ****ing people up, and you'll forget about the flaws.

Every boxer has made their mistakes and has their flaws, this is just you trying to point 1 boxers flaws out in an attempt to make him look bad. And those gullable's that fell for it are just the plain haters that never liked him from the start
              The video is meant to be lighthearted, not to be taken seriously.
              The description of the video reads "A totally biased anti-highlight video of one of boxings greatest entertainers"

Hamed took the piss out of his opponents his whole career, and the highlight videos show his best moments...well, these are some of his worst. Together they make a balanced perspetive.

The video is actually a response to a Hamed 'best of' compilation.

Comment

lol, u know the video is not **** right.

I think alot of fighters COULD of been great, but lack the substance to make them great. Earlier in his career Hamed didnt face a fighter of Barreras quality. Hamed's skills declined as his level of opposition rose. And they were smart enough to know how to beat him IMO.

Comment

Every boxer has made their mistakes and has their flaws, this is just you trying to point 1 boxers flaws out in an attempt to make him look bad. And those gullable's that fell for it are just the plain haters that never liked him from the start.
                  Lets get a couple of things straight, firstly imo and probably the vast majority of opinion Hamed would never of beaten Barrera at any stage of his career, secondly dont underestimate Hameds training for Barrera, sure he ****ed around in front of the cameras but he was in great physical shape and would of trained hard for the biggest figt of his career. Lastly, you urge me to re-watch the fight and compare Hamed to his earlier fights, well, i urge you to watch it again and see how conservatively Barrera fought and he still took Naz apart, check out Barrera v Morales, MAB had several more gears he could have moved up to had Naz bought a better game. End of.

Comment

Originally posted by big paulie View Post
                    Lets get a couple of things straight, firstly imo and probably the vast majority of opinion Hamed would never of beaten Barrera at any stage of his career, secondly dont underestimate Hameds training for Barrera, sure he ****ed around in front of the cameras but he was in great physical shape and would of trained hard for the biggest figt of his career. Lastly, you urge me to re-watch the fight and compare Hamed to his earlier fights, well, i urge you to watch it again and see how conservatively Barrera fought and he still took Naz apart, check out Barrera v Morales, MAB had several more gears he could have moved up to had Naz bought a better game. End of.
                    On top of the fact that Naz didn't look like himself because MAB was a good fighter, not because Naz didn't train.

Comment

Originally posted by Rkicards View Post
                      Just another in the long line of English frauds, Naseem - Hatton - Woods - Froch.
                      I won't include Calzaghe becuase he's not english and not a fraud like the above limies.
                      so despite the fact calzaghe was born in LONDON he's not english???

good point there mate.

Comment

Working...
                      X