No announcement yet.

So is that it for Pirog?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So is that it for Pirog?

Has he lost every bit of the notoriety as a top MW contender after beating Jacobs about 2 and a half years ago?

Since then he has done nothing of note and is now 32 with no fights scheduled, seems like a waste of talent too bad if so.

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
    Has he lost every bit of the notoriety as a top MW contender after beating Jacobs about 2 and a half years ago?

Since then he has done nothing of note and is now 32 with no fights scheduled, seems like a waste of talent too bad if so.
    I heard he was fighting March 2nd on HBO. I hope they're building up a Golovkin v. Pirog fight, I was a bit upset when it got cancelled last year.

It was on this site a few weeks ago:
    http://www.boxingscene.com/dmitry-pi...-on-hbo--59775

Comment

Three meaningless fights since beating Jacobs. I don't understand why a fighter would allow that to happen. Coming off a monster win, he seems content with not challenging himself and fighting for small purses. He's probably got an awful promotional arrangement, I just looked into the man who promotes him, he's got noone of note in his stable.

Comment

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
        Three meaningless fights since beating Jacobs. I don't understand why a fighter would allow that to happen. Coming off a monster win, he seems content with not challenging himself and fighting for small purses. He's probably got an awful promotional arrangement, I just looked into the man who promotes him, he's got noone of note in his stable.
        Pretty terrible if its just lousy management, he is a tough night for anyone and seems very awkward and skilled.

Comment

It's a shame his career seems to have stalled. At 32 he may still have a few good years left in him.

Either due to advances in nutrition, exercise or PEDs boxers last a lot longer than in my early days of the sport.

But his kayo of Jacobs was brilliant. I would love to have seen him build off that.

Comment

What I don't understand is why his promoter hasn't tried to tap that western european market? I can understand why he would never be this big draw in the US but the middleweight division is fuking gold in western Europe!!!

Comment

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
              off a monster win, he seems content with not challenging himself and fighting for small purses.
              What monster win is that? Surely you're not talking about that over-hyped American bum Daniel Jacobs as a 'monster' win? Pirog hasn't really done much in his career, just a sign of how shallow the talent pool is in the middleweight division.

Comment

I would have rather seen Golovkin fight him instead of Rosado who is a jrmw.

Comment

Who ever promotes him has done a terrible job with him.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
                    What I don't understand is why his promoter hasn't tried to tap that western european market? I can understand why he would never be this big draw in the US but the middleweight division is fuking gold in western Europe!!!
                    He has an awful promoter. You'd think as the only world champion in Russia, he'd at least be a decent draw in his own damn country, but the attendance in all his fights in Russia have been embarrassingly barren.
                    Last edited by BlueBettle; 12-19-2012, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X