Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you agree with ESPN as Pacquiao #4 P4P?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you agree with ESPN as Pacquiao #4 P4P?

Seems like the boxing world has turned up side down, not so long ago was Pacquaio seen across ALL media ventures as Number 1 P4P in the sport.

Now on ESPN and many other outlets, Pacquiao is not ranked 1 nor 2. Do you agree than Floyd Mayweather, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez all deserved to be ranked higher than the Filipino King?

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...d-pound-boxers
    Pacquiao is ranked about right
    52.31%
    Pacquiao should be ranked lower
    29.23%
    Pacquiao still should be ranked Number 1
    18.46%

I don't understand some of these site. They drop PAC because they say he lost to Bradley but then they don't give Bradley the P4P he deserve . If you drop PAC because you believe he got whoop, the guy who did the whooping should get his spot.

Comment

Many Pacquiao just beat Timothy Bradley (official result notwithstanding), who was in most people's top 10 p4p lists. While Mayweather beat Ortiz, Ward beat Dawson at 168, and Martinez beat Chavez Jr. Bradley > Ortiz, Dawson at 168, and Chavez Jr. I don't understand the sudden demotions at all.

Comment

i would say 3. but who cares right, there is no official p4p list anyway

Comment

Great Analysis guys, I'm not really sure, maybe it's Pacquiao's level of competition, ESPN'S boxing guys, Not Skip or Stephen. Have been arguing that Pacquiao has been taking weak competition for years now.

They congratulate him on fighting Tim Bradley, but when he does face a young hungry prime fighter, he loses, so i'm not sure.

Comment

he is # 2 behind ward
            ward is #1
            no question ward is 1

Comment

Andre Ward should NOT be ranked ahead of Manny Pacquiao.

Ward is a pampered boxer who refused to fight outside the US in the Super Six, even though everybody else had to.

Ward relies on his home referees to permit him to use illegal tactics such as deliberate headbutts, hitting off the break and hitting while holding.

Pacquiao has never been afraid to move up the weight divisions and win titles, but Ward refused even to fight Dawson at a catchweight of 170.

Comment

He should be #2 behind Floyd.

Comment

I think Martinez should be Ranked number 1, I just really don't see the reasoning that Floyd Mayweather is ranked higher, especially after Martinez's win over Chavez Jr.

Comment

I'm a huge Floyd fan but I don't think he's done enough to overtake Manny. The bradley result was a robbery with the snake arum trying to create a new star. He failed haha.

Comment

Working...
                    X