Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Android Owners give this killer app a try!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ANDROIDISM View Post
    If you don't mind spending $5 this one here is by the far the most popular and people seem to love it. Have not tried myself
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result

Here's a few other you can try out and see what works best for you
    https://play.google.com/store/search...control&c=apps

I personally just use quick setting to adjust my volumes, but it's not an equalizer if that's what you're looking for.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...guYmVxdWljayJd

I just got the Galaxy Nexus, this thing is a bad muda! even if it's 6 months old!
    thanks bro.

the problem i had with a few of the apps is that they just aren't very ICS friendly

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
      thanks bro.

the problem i had with a few of the apps is that they just aren't very ICS friendly
      can you give me maybe a brief description of what you want to do with this app.

Comment

Dude, you know your **** about Android phones from what I have read over many threads and I was wondering what apps do you use/prefer? I have an S2.

ALSO second question, is it worth rooting the phone? What specific benefits can you get out of that?

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
          Dude, you know your **** about Android phones from what I have read over many threads and I was wondering what apps do you use/prefer? I have an S2.

ALSO second question, is it worth rooting the phone? What specific benefits can you get out of that?
          That's a tough question for apps. There's just so many it just depends on what you want to do.

Rooting! YES, YES, YES! It is definitely worth rooting. The things you can do on a stock Android are far above any other phone. Once you root it, it just becomes a beast! Rooting is very easy, but I would recommend reading and getting to learn the terminology that comes with rooting so you fully understand it. Heres just a few of the things you can do after root:

Customize just about any aspect of the phone you'd like
          free wifi hotspot feature
          Run different ROMS (software) that different different tweaks and features
          underclock (saves battery)
          Overclock (smart phone on steroids)
          remove unwanted bloatware put on the phone by carriers and manufactures.
          and about a thousand other things.

Comment

Originally posted by ANDROIDISM View Post
            That's a tough question for apps. There's just so many it just depends on what you want to do.

Rooting! YES, YES, YES! It is definitely worth rooting. The things you can do on a stock Android are far above any other phone. Once you root it, it just becomes a beast! Rooting is very easy, but I would recommend reading and getting to learn the terminology that comes with rooting so you fully understand it. Heres just a few of the things you can do after root:

Customize just about any aspect of the phone you'd like
            free wifi hotspot feature
            Run different ROMS (software) that different different tweaks and features
            underclock (saves battery)
            Overclock (smart phone on steroids)
            remove unwanted bloatware put on the phone by carriers and manufactures.
            and about a thousand other things.
            Nice, my little brother just sold his IPhone 4 and got an S2 as well, so he is definately going to be rooting his phone and then I'll get him to do mine for me as well. I love these smart phones but the only problem is battery life, anyway thanks for the reply.

Comment

Im still a lil sceptical about getting the Nexus, even though I trust Android's opinion on the phone(Its just that Ive read so manny bad reviews from verizon users, that Im a lil worried about purchasing it).

So my question is should I wait for the SGS3 or go ahead and get the Nexus? Im feelin like I should wait for the SGS3 so I can have a 8mp camera, and do the vid while txting thing.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                Nice, my little brother just sold his IPhone 4 and got an S2 as well, so he is definately going to be rooting his phone and then I'll get him to do mine for me as well. I love these smart phones but the only problem is battery life, anyway thanks for the reply.
                tell him to hit up the xda forums for the sgs2 and he'll have everything he needs there!

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                  Im still a lil sceptical about getting the Nexus, even though I trust Android's opinion on the phone(Its just that Ive read so manny bad reviews from verizon users, that Im a lil worried about purchasing it).

So my question is should I wait for the SGS3 or go ahead and get the Nexus? Im feelin like I should wait for the SGS3 so I can have a 8mp camera, and do the vid while txting thing.
                  Wait for the SGS3, but like I said there is no confirmation if or when Verizon will get it. I've had no problem with my Nexus and I'm on Sprint which is leap years behind verizon's service and speeds. Not sure where you're getting your reviews from. The only problem they had was connections issues and that was fixed back in january.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post

nexus is outdated already- just wait for the next generation because it's rolling out soon- you'll start seeing new phones around fall/winter.

I would suggest holding out for a quad core phone

Comment

Originally posted by Paclan View Post
                      nexus is outdated already- just wait for the next generation because it's rolling out soon- you'll start seeing new phones around fall/winter.

I would suggest holding out for a quad core phone
                      i would disagree that the Nexus is outdated. Only the HTC One X and SGS3 can give it competition.

Summer is usually the best time to buy smart phones, that's when the top phones of the year are usually released (htc one x, SGS3) (GS2 last year).

The next generation Nexus will probably be out in Nov/Dec so if you can wait 5-6 months then go for it. But if you wait 5/6 months for the next Nexus then you might as well wait 3-4 more months for the SGS4. My point is if you keep waiting for the next great phone you're always going to be waiting because there's always going to be the "Next great phone".
                      That's exactly why I got the Nexus. It's a great phone, top of the line! and at the end of this year my Nexus will be rocking the newest Android 5.0, while the SGS3 and HTC One X will still be on 4.0 just like SGS2 is still on Gingerbread 6 months after ICS has been released. I love the SGS2, but the fact that it still doesn't have ICS is what pushed me away from 3rd party manf. like HTC or Samsung and will stick to the Nexus line of phones.

Comment

Working...
                      X