Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lol @ "Angulo Punched Himself Out". He's A Pressure Fighter!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow

I'm glad your not an official judge cause I can't believe you had that fight close! Angulo was gassed and looked horrible before the knock down on Kirkland cause he caught him with a lucky punch in the exchange and after that he PUNCHED HIMSELF OUT no matter if he landed or not he got gassed!!!
    Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
    Actually I am man enough to admit when I am wrong, Angulo did not punch himself out, just rewatched the fight last night with the wife.
    What I saw was when Angulo did score his knock down he went after Kirkland and did land more shots than he missed, Sure he threw alot of punches but most did land on Kirkland or on Kirklands gloves.

Rounds 2 and 3 you can argue Angulo won those rounds so if you score the first 10-9 either way and give Angulo the 2nd and 3rd, and give Kirkland rounds 4 and 5 you have scores that are consistent with the judges.

What I saw was Angulo in rounds 2 and 3 go after the finish, Kirkland weathered the storm and scored his own shots turning it on in rounds 4 and 5 and closed the show.

in other words it was a war, and Kirkland just whipped the dog **** out of El Perro... he survived the tuff spots and did his thing. what contributed to Angulos loss, was that Angulo just doesnt have a defense, he did not look like he was taking those shots very well at all, kirklands power and sharper shots won the fight.

and it came down to that it came down to who ever could weather the early war Kirkland could and Angulo could not, he wasnt gassed he was hurt badly from the end of round 1 on... and tried to fight his way out of it and paid the price...

I was wrong to me it looked at first like Angulo punched himself out but after rewatching it, it was beaten out of him

Comment

• I didnt have the fight close what I said was you could argue rounds 2 and 3 in favor of Angulo, and if you did score rounds 2 and 3 for angulo and scored 4 and 5 for Kirkland round one is a 10-9 round either way you score it I gave that to Kirkland who did more damage but it depends on how you saw that round so that means if rounds 2 and 3 are given to Angulo rounds 1, 4 and 5 make it a one point lead for kirkland going into the sixth.

Comment

• I just found this quote from Kirkland himself in a thread made by HUGEBOXINGFAN.

If anyone knows, it's Kirkland himself. Notice how Kirk says the knockdown was the reason Angulo wasn't the same:

"I knew for a fact that when he came out for the second round, he was not the same fighter," Kirkland said. "My knockdown hurt him. His knockdown startled me more than anything else. When I got hit I just said to myself, 'James, what are you doing? Stay focused, calm down and relax.'"

While the knockdown didn't hurt him, Kirkland said the series of body shots Angulo followed up with nearly ended the fight.

"He has sneaky body shots that you don't even see," Kirkland said. "I wanted him to go to the head. Those were some strong body shots. I kept trying to hold him because I knew if kept standing in front of those shots it would be trouble for me. I stayed away just long enough to get myself back together."
        Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 11-10-2011, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
          I didnt have the fight close what I said was you could argue rounds 2 and 3 in favor of Angulo, and if you did score rounds 2 and 3 for angulo and scored 4 and 5 for Kirkland round one is a 10-9 round either way you score it I gave that to Kirkland who did more damage but it depends on how you saw that round so that means if rounds 2 and 3 are given to Angulo rounds 1, 4 and 5 make it a one point lead for kirkland going into the sixth.
          Theres no way you can argue rd 2 for Angulo. Just no way. Maybe 3 but I still say no.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            I just found this qoute from Kirkland himself in a thread made by HUGEBOXINGFAN.

If anyone knows, it's Kirkland himself. Notice how Kirk says the knockdown was the reason Angulo wasn't the same:

"I knew for a fact that when he came out for the second round, he was not the same fighter," Kirkland said. "My knockdown hurt him. His knockdown startled me more than anything else. When I got hit I just said to myself, 'James, what are you doing? Stay focused, calm down and relax.'"

While the knockdown didn't hurt him, Kirkland said the series of body shots Angulo followed up with nearly ended the fight.

"He has sneaky body shots that you don't even see," Kirkland said. "I wanted him to go to the head. Those were some strong body shots. I kept trying to hold him because I knew if kept standing in front of those shots it would be trouble for me. I stayed away just long enough to get myself back together."
            Pretty much what I saw the 2nd time round, its amazing how when you hear Roy jones and the commentators they can sway your view of the fight by what they are saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              No way. Had Angulo fought more measured Kirkland would not have survived. But, its an IF.

I want to see a rematch.
              Co-Signed, rematch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Battle*Hardened View Post
                Theres no way you can argue rd 2 for Angulo. Just no way. Maybe 3 but I still say no.
                Actually I hate to disagree here, even though I didnt score the 2nd for Angulo, he was hitting Kirkland still in that round with big shots, and it looked like he too was getting damage done as well, in Mexico yes you could score that round for Angulo

Comment

• Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
                  Pretty much what I saw the 2nd time round, its amazing how when you hear Roy jones and the commentators they can sway your view of the fight by what they are saying.
                  Agreed.

Normally, I agree with what Roy says. I think he's an outstanding commentator. But the only reason I agree with him is because 9 times out of 10, he takes the words right out my mouth. But when push comes to shove, I've learned to make my own assessment.

Roy said another interesting thing after the fight. He said, when Anne Wolfe told him about their training before the fight, it slightly swayed his opinion on how the fight would play out. This told me that Roy picked Angulo to win the fight to begin with. I think when Roy said Angulo punched himself out, he was trying to make sense of the situation on why a guy he thought was strong and would win, was doing the complete opposite.
                  Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 11-10-2011, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                    Agreed.

Normally, I agree with what Roy says. I think he's an outstanding commentator. But the only reason I agree with him is because 9 times out of 10, he takes the words right out my mouth. But when push comes to shove, I've learned to make my own assessment.

Roy said another interesting thing after the fight. He said, when Anne Wolfe told him about their training before the fight, it slightly swayed his opinion on how the fight would play out. This told me that Roy picked Angulo to win the fight to begin with. I think when Roy said Angulo punched himself out, he was trying to make sense of the situation on why a guy he thought was strong and would win, was doing the complete opposite.
                    agreed, but not only that Roy also mentioned he sparred with Angulo and when that happens you develop a friendship quite often and I think in his mind and in his heart he wanted Angulo to win

Comment

• Angulo didn't win a single round specially the second anyone who argues otherwise is either a butthurt mexican fanboy or ******ed. Angulo threw too many punches but Kirkland's solid punches specially that huge uppercut had a lot more impact on this fight than Angulo supposedly punching himself out. If the guy can't throw that many punches in the first round and have something left for the rest of the fight he doesn't have any business fighting at this level.

Comment

Working...
                      X