Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Ortiz's mind games make Ortiz upset?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only fight where I thought Floyd played mind games was against Oscar...maybe Mosley...he was quiet against Marquez and nothing explosive against Hatton...

I doubt he gets under Victor's skin...like he did with Oscar

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
      Isn't it funny how a couple of years ago, before Pacquiao moved up to 147, the welterweight division was one of the best divisions in boxing in recent memory? But now that P4P #1 and #2 are both in the division, 147 is seen as kind of a ghost town of good fighters, except for Floyd and Manny. It reminds me a bit of 168 when Calzaghe and Kessler held all the belts... although Ortiz alone being in the division at least gives it a pretty good third fighter.

Just rambling... don't mind me.

Yeah, they have the bottle neck at 147 with Pac and Floyd on top, and Ortiz trying to scratch his way to the top.

Ortiz moving up from 140 was actually a good move for him. Didn't think so at the time as I thought he had a better chance getting a big fight there than at 147.

Now Ortiz is getting the one of the two biggest possible fights for him.

That's boxing. I remember 140, 154 and 168 weren't too hot and that was only a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by S H A R K B O Y View Post
        We'll probably see Ortiz' darker side come out during the 24/7 episodes.
        I'm curious, what do you mean by that?

Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
        Yeah, they have the bottle neck at 147 with Pac and Floyd on top, and Ortiz trying to scratch his way to the top.

Ortiz moving up from 140 was actually a good move for him. Didn't think so at the time as I thought he had a better chance getting a big fight there than at 147.

Now Ortiz is getting the one of the two biggest possible fights for him.

That's boxing. I remember 140, 154 and 168 weren't too hot and that was only a few years ago.
        It's funny that making good fights in a division is the key ingredient to making a division worse, as the loser's stock plummets due to the "what have you done for me lately?" attitude of all involved in boxing.

One thing that made me laugh is that 147 was great for a while, and then a few of the good fighters moved up, making 154 great for a bit... and then... yeah, 160 sucked before, and continues to suck... no such luck of good fighters moving up there, other than Martinez, who really is head and shoulders about the competition in or around his weight division.

Although I will say that I really do enjoy divisions such as the pre-Calzaghe-Kessler fight days at 168 or the current state of 147 when the battle between the top two is actually set to happen. I know a lot of people didn't care about the fight between Calzaghe and Kessler, but it was far and away the most significant fight in boxing that happened in 2007... second place was not even close.

Comment

Working...
        X