Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MAYWEATHER never planned to make 144...and GBP knew that.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
    that's not the only problem.

They say floyd is a small WW so that floyd don't have to fight real WWs like Cotto, Mosley, and Clottey, but if floyd can't even make 144 lbs, then he ain't a small WW and he should've been fighting real WWs all along!!!!

what are your thoughts on this floyd stans? is it still ok for floyd to dodge real WWs?
    Pull,

Realistically speaking, i don't think you should hold your breath on FMJ cleaning out the fourth or fifth weight class he goes to. If that is your expectation, then spare yourself the grief of those discussions.

Pac won't clean out 140, either

These guys will fight infequently, and they will fight the biggest fights.

Comment

But just because GBP is incompetent doesn't absolve floyd of stacking the deck against a mutha****in lightweight!!! WTF is floyd scared of? that's what I don't understand. if he was that confident in himself, he would give JMM some wiggle room to make the fight competitive.
      Delahoya stacked the deck against the smaller Floyd. Down to the gloves. SRL used to play games with other fighters.

When you have the negotiation leverage, you use it...I guess. NO EXCUSES. It was definitely heavy-handed of Floyd. But that's how you ensure that you don't put your paper at risk.

Me? Personally? If i have 20, 25, 30 million dollars on the table, then I'm not trying to "make fights competitive". I'm trying to destroy these cats.

Comment

right on

300k per lbs over 144 wasn't stringent enough to get floyd to come down to 144 lbs. The ****ed up part was those mutha****ers kept on talking about the fight like it was a 144 lbs catchweight fight making us believe that floyd had to come down to 144 lbs. IMHO if the boxing community had known that the limit was 147 lbs and not 144 lbs, JMM would've been an even bigger underdog and this boxing match would be even more unsellable as a ppv fight.

But just because GBP is incompetent doesn't absolve floyd of stacking the deck against a mutha****in lightweight!!! WTF is floyd scared of? that's what I don't understand. if he was that confident in himself, he would give JMM some wiggle room to make the fight competitive.
        A ton of truth in that, man. Even if the fight had been at 147, it would have allowed Juan the time to come up at a lot more than 142. Staying above weight the whole time and changing the contract at the last hour is just shady. Floyd looked GREAT on 24/7, what is he scared of?

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          A ton of truth in that, man. Even if the fight had been at 147, it would have allowed Juan the time to come up at a lot more than 142. Staying above weight the whole time and changing the contract at the last hour is just shady. Floyd looked GREAT on 24/7, what is he scared of?
          My guess is that he isn't 'scared". There's nothing 'scary' about JMM to him.
          There's just so much money on the table.

Do you guys think Shane can make 140? (older article, but in context now)

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...-pacquiao.html

Shane Mosley willing to go down to 140 pounds to fight Pacquiao
          July 17, 2009 | 12:41 pm
          Shane Mosley just called me to elaborate on a news statement that he's willing to go down to 140 pounds to fight Manny Pacquiao in the fall.

"This will put a lot of things to rest," Mosley told The Times. "I don't think [Miguel] Cotto can even make 145, and now I'm saying I'm willing to fight Pacquiao at his weight. I'll do that and go back up to welterweight and fight Floyd Mayweather Jr."

There's been a noticeable delay before what was expected to be a routine negotiation to pit Pacquiao against his Top Rank stablemate, Cotto, in November. Promoter Bob Arum has been on vacation and is expected to update the situation Monday in L.A.

But Mosley is working to further complicate the delay by renewing his offer to land a payday against Pacquiao that is far more lucrative than an alternate bout against Andre Berto.

"What else can be said?" Mosley asked, referring to potential reasons the Pacquiao camp may settle on choosing to fight Cotto.

Pacquiao's response could come later today. I ran Mosley's 140 pitch past a close Pacquiao friend in the U.S., and he responded, "Wow! That's some news."

-- Lance Pugmire

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
            Pull,

Realistically speaking, i don't think you should hold your breath on FMJ cleaning out the fourth or fifth weight class he goes to. If that is your expectation, then spare yourself the grief of those discussions.
            nobody is asking him to clean it out... just fight one legit elite WW!!!! that's all we ****in are asking for!!!! JUST ONE!

he don't have to clean it out. he just needs to beat his #1 contender. ONE. JUST ONE!!!!

Delahoya stacked the deck against the smaller Floyd. Down to the gloves. SRL used to play games with other fighters.
            nah, man DLH ain't dirty like Floyd. DLH actually made weight to fight pac. Floyd had no intention of making 144 lbs.

When you have the negotiation leverage, you use it...I guess. NO EXCUSES. It was definitely heavy-handed of Floyd. But that's how you ensure that you don't put your paper at risk.
            that's cool.... but no guts no glory. pbf just better not cry about getting no credit. all his credit is at the bank... he ain't getting any glory.

Me? Personally? If i have 20, 25, 30 million dollars on the table, then I'm not trying to "make fights competitive". I'm trying to destroy these cats.
            me too... if I was fighting WWs. but floyd ain't fighting a WW, he's fighting a LW.

Comment

Pull,

These guys will fight infequently, and they will fight the biggest fights.
              I'd rather see Pac fight guys like Cotto than clean out a mediocre division like 140.

Comment

My guess is that he isn't 'scared". There's nothing 'scary' about JMM to him.
                There's just so much money on the table.
                ]
                Well he's at least scared of payday opportunities that would disappear or be greatly reduced if he lost this fight. If he was as confident as he claims to be, he wouldn't do this kinda stuff. I thought he was going to win at 144 anyway. Oh well, we'll see what happens!

Comment

Working...
                X