No announcement yet.

Jim Lampley vs George Foreman - The Beef We may never know

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Lampley vs George Foreman - The Beef We may never know

as far back as I can remeber these two kept bumping heads and I am not sure what was their last broadcast together and how it ended but I know it hit a boiling point at the Barrrea vs Hamed bout, Where in the end Hamed lost to barrea and Lampley said something to the effects "hamed always said that its to his god who wins and looks like ALI knows how to spell barrea" and Foreman to offense to this dearly they have some back and forth commentary their.

And the most recent incident I can remeber is on Gatti vs Ward 2 at the end I guess foreman was shaking his head and Merchant asked him why foreman said " its is unbelieveable how 2 fighters can give so much of themselves for a fight" and Lampley claps and foreman quickly snap at lampley "what you mean by that" lampley instantly says "nothing" LMFAO

Anyone know why and how they decided to rid Foreman of the hbo crew was it cause of these two never seeing eye to eye?

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
    as far back as I can remeber these two kept bumping heads and I am not sure what was their last broadcast together and how it ended but I know it hit a boiling point at the Barrrea vs Hamed bout, Where in the end Hamed lost to barrea and Lampley said something to the effects "hamed always said that its to his god who wins and looks like ALI knows how to spell barrea" and Foreman to offense to this dearly they have some back and forth commentary their.

And the most recent incident I can remeber is on Gatti vs Ward 2 at the end I guess foreman was shaking his head and Merchant asked him why foreman said " its is unbelieveable how 2 fighters can give so much of themselves for a fight" and Lampley claps and foreman quickly snap at lampley "what you mean by that" lampley instantly says "nothing" LMFAO

Anyone know why and how they decided to rid Foreman of the hbo crew was it cause of these two never seeing eye to eye?
    AL-lah

Say it with me Ahhhhh Lahhhhhhh

Yea they probably don't like each other

Comment

Full explanation of the beef : http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...6#post12342946

Comment

HBO needs to get former fighters to call fights. Foreman, Lewis, and Roy Jones have gotten into arguments with those old, drunken idiots during broadcasts because they said it like it is instead of ass licking their fighters.

How can you call yourself an expert of a craft that you've never actually worked but instead watched others work? It's like me calling myself a scientist after watching a bunch of YouTube videos, and interviewed a few of them.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
          HBO needs to get former fighters to call fights. Foreman, Lewis, and Roy Jones have gotten into arguments with those old, drunken idiots during broadcasts because they said it like it is instead of ass licking their fighters.

How can you call yourself an expert of a craft that you've never actually worked but instead watched others work? It's like me calling myself a scientist after watching a bunch of YouTube videos, and interviewed a few of them.
          It's always fun seeing a fighter put Merchant or Lampley in check when they say something ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
            AL-lah

Say it with me Ahhhhh Lahhhhhhh

Yea they probably don't like each other
            however it spelled you knew what i mean, this isn't a religion seminar.

Comment

I don't even have to work with Lampley, and he already pisses me off.

Jim Lampley is HORRIBLY INACCURATE about calling what actually goes on during a fight. If I was a boxer, I'd be offended about the BS that comes out of his mouth

Comment

Fighters or trainers. I like Steward but I would love to watch a fight with either Nazim Richardson, Virgil Hunter or Robert Garcia as part of the commentary team for a change, that would be refreshing. Although it would be weird to see Nazim in a suit and tie while wearing his muslim hat.

Comment

I would love it if Paulie Malignaggi got a commentating gig. I've seen several interviews of him analyzing some coming matchups. He's extremely well spoken and obviously knows his stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    when did Jim Lampely say "No!" when asked if he missed working with Foreman? btw, thanks for linking that post, didn't know anything about the Moorer vs Holyfield incident with the HBO crew.

Comment

Working...
                    X