Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Jones Jr issues challenge to Lateef Kayode

July 30th, 2012
    Brad Cooney

Future hall of famer and living legend, Roy Jones Jr wants a shot at the IBO cruiserweight title. Jones told 8CN this evening that he would like to fight Lateef Kayode of Nigeria for the vacated title belt. Kayode fought the former IBO champion Antonio Tarver for this same title but the fight ended up in a draw.

Tarver would then test positive for steroids after the fight vacating the title. Roy Jones is coming off of back to back wins over Max Alexander and Polish brawler Pawel Glazewski.

Jones told 8CN that not only would he fight Kayode for the belt, but he would fight “anyone” for the belt.

Jones shared his thoughts on Kayode this evening, “ I think he is a great prospect and he showed a lot of promise against Tarver. He is a strong and dangerous puncher, but that's the kind of fighter a champ must conquer.”
    Long time Jones fan but I don't think he would have enough to keep Lateef off him since Jones power hasn't seem to carry him in the CW division. Plus Jones mobility seems a lot worse and showed his last fight by laying on the ropes again. Something he didn't do in his fight with Max Alexander.

What the hell is up with Roy seriously? He needs his license removed & placed in a mental institute for his own safety.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

What the hell is up with Roy seriously? He needs his license removed & placed in a mental institute for his own safety.
      Couldn't agree more .....

Comment

sigh.......................

Comment

Kayode sucks ass but he can crack. I think he'll catch Roy with one of them wild swings and it'll be nitey nite.

It's sad but you have to accept the fact that Roy wants to leave on his own terms. Can't protect a man from himself, if he wants to die in the ring then so be it. I still support him 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            Kayode sucks ass but he can crack. I think he'll catch Roy with one of them wild swings and it'll be nitey nite.

It's sad but you have to accept the fact that Roy wants to leave on his own terms. Can't protect a man from himself, if he wants to die in the ring then so be it. I still support him 100%.
            Co-sign what you said here

Comment

I feel like if I say Roy has a chance I'm endorsing him to continue...because all it really means to "have a chance" for Roy these days is to go 12 and make it out unhurt.

Comment

Getem roy!!

Comment

while we all disagree with him fighting on, we gotta respect roy for his passion for boxing. this is what he was put on earth to do and hes living that out.

Comment

I doubt Lateef will take the fight since it's not much to gain. If Roy wanted to win the CW title so bad he should of just had an immediate rematched vs Green in U.S. soil since he a rematch clause back then.

Comment

Working...
                    X