No announcement yet.

Something that bothers me about Roy Jones Jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by street bully View Post
    No hoe can't. Lacy ****ing sucks, and Jones recently struggled with Trinidad. He's done.
    Huh, struggles against Trinidad? No trinidad won 2 whole rounds that fight, Then got dominated.

Comment

Originally posted by Swirls View Post
      first off jones is shot and does'nt have anything left to prove
      second, he has just recently been battered by joe calzaghe and has to again start from scratch
      ever hear of tune ups? he has mention countless times about getting another title, and fighting johnson in a rematch
      he won against sheika and lost to calzaghe last year, let him have his bums this year and again challenge for a title next year

exactly,roy is fighting his way back to contender status. hopkins has said he wants the winner of dawson-johnson in 2010, i could see roy takin on the loser if he gets past green.

Comment

I'm thinking that if Roy believes he can continue winning without getting knocked out again, the road to a title shot will be around the corner some time soon for him.

Guess we can't blame the guy for doing what he still enjoys doing.

But it'll take a miracle for him to look like his old self and reclaim the P4P status he once claimed against better opposition.

It's possible, if you believe in the George Foreman Miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
          No hoe can't. Lacy ****ing sucks, and Jones recently struggled with Trinidad. He's done.
          no he didn't he took trinidad to school and was hot doggin him all night as i remember based off that performance i thought he stood a good chance of beating Calzaghe.

look im a roy fan to the death but im willing to admitt that he is no where near the level he once was but when that level was one of the best pound for pound fighters of your era you can be slightly excused for fallin off imo

you can't be invincible forever look how **** Tyson was towards the end of his career losing to bums like Mcbride it still don't mean he weren't a great heavyweight champion

end of the day Lacy had only lost two professional fights up untill last night against quality opponents such as Taylor and Calzaghe so he can't be that much of a smuck

Prince Ajamu was a smuck as was Sheika at least Lacy had name at one stage

don't take nothing away from Jones' performance last night it was impeccable and one of his best for a while when was the last time you saw Lacys corner call it a day yeah i thought so. he's never been stopped so stop calling him a bum beacuse when Calzaghe beat him everyone was sucking Joe's dick and saying how well he'd done. either Lacys a bum or not and if so what does that say about Calzaghe that was his best win

Comment

Danny Green, these days, is every bit as a threat as Glen or Tarver would be to Roy.

Comment

Just fight Bernard 1 last time and hang them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
                Just fight Bernard 1 last time and hang them up.
                Yeah, that would make more sense and generate some nice revenues.

It's been long overdue.

Comment

Originally posted by Get you mad? View Post
                  No we dont. The problem is ROY thinks those guys will beat him. His mentality is not there no more! If he was able to get over this mental problem he has the fear of getting hit he can do what he did tonight against anybody!

I have to disagree. Jones is what he is now. His defensive reflexes are gone. He looked really good against Lacy because Lacy does not know the meaning of a jab or straight punch. Jones let him inside and smothered all his hooks just like he did with Trinidad.

Anyone with a good jab spells trouble for Jones right now unfortunately because he will get hit with it and whatever follows it.

Comment

Working...
                  X