Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Intermittent Fasting Discussion Thread!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] The Intermittent Fasting Discussion Thread!

The power of intermittent fasting

Michael Mosley fasted for two days every week

Scientists are uncovering evidence that short periods of fasting, if properly controlled, could achieve a number of health benefits, as well as potentially helping the overweight, as Michael Mosley discovered.

I'd always thought of fasting as something unpleasant, with no obvious long term benefits. So when I was asked to make a documentary that would involve me going without food, I was not keen as I was sure I would not enjoy it.

But the Horizon editor assured me there was great new science and that I might see some dramatic improvements to my body. So, of course, I said, "yes".

I am not strong-willed enough to diet over the long term, but I am extremely interested in the reasons why eating less might lead to increased life span, particularly as scientists think it may be possible to get the benefits without the pain.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19112549

http://www.youtube.com/user/fastingtwins

to this

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/user/fastingtwins

to this

Comment

Originally posted by G A M E View Post

People fast for different reasons, the documentary I posted is fasting to improve life expectancy, lower IGF-1, reduce cholesterol and avoid diabetes.

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
          People fast for different reasons, the documentary I posted is fasting to improve life expectancy, lower IGF-1, reduce cholesterol and avoid diabetes.
          Very true!!!

Fasting has been used throughout history by some cultures as a way to clense the body of impurities. With all the processed foods we consume in today's society, along with the very bad habit of eating three or more meals everyday, some of our bodies digestive system become flooded with toxins as a consequence.
          Add to this constant habit of shoving food down the throat, the incorporation of GMO's and some of us are walking time-bombs just waiting for the right catalyst to trigger disease and or death.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
            Very true!!!

Fasting has been used throughout history by some cultures as a way to clense the body of impurities. With all the processed foods we consume in today's society, along with the very bad habit of eating three or more meals everyday, some of our bodies digestive system become flooded with toxins as a consequence.
            Add to this constant habit of shoving food down the throat, the incorporation of GMO's and some of us are walking time-bombs just waiting for the right catalyst to trigger disease and or death.

Yes indeed, just by eating less calories for two days a week with less protein, a lot of diseases can be avoided.

The documentary is a real eye opener to the way modern diets kill us with feasting and no famine.

Comment

Intermittent Fasting.

I realize this is the wrong forum but I want to give my nephew something to read on it from you guys. He is 15 and sold on it because of the fasting twins but this kid is already a beast.

Any advice, please feel free to comment.

Comment

It's a really good tool while you're cutting. I think leangains.com has a lot of info about IF.

Comment

the fastingtwins? you talkin about hte hodgetwins?!

if so, just know those guys have awesome genetics. They do IF, but idk if you should start off by following them. they can eat really whatever they want, having to only watch their calories and carbs and still build lean muscle.

i wanted to try IF, but i was worried of some things. how effective i can train on no food and if my body out of wack, because i would prolly get my calories at late afternoon to night. i mean you would be cutting and trying to get leaner so i imagine workouts be changed n probably more cardio,

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
                    the fastingtwins? you talkin about hte hodgetwins?!

if so, just know those guys have awesome genetics. They do IF, but idk if you should start off by following them. they can eat really whatever they want, having to only watch their calories and carbs and still build lean muscle.

i wanted to try IF, but i was worried of some things. how effective i can train on no food and if my body out of wack, because i would prolly get my calories at late afternoon to night. i mean you would be cutting and trying to get leaner so i imagine workouts be changed n probably more cardio,
                    IF isn't for everyone. I have no problem doing a high intense workout fasted, others can't. Everyone has different goals, cardio isn't a requirement to lose weight. It will definitely help speed up the process but it isn't a must. I do cardio for its health benefits, not to eat more in a day.

The twins do what anyone should do. Track your calories and your macros, they mostly focus on hitting their protein intake for the day cause hitting carbs and fats is easy. No point on making things harder then what it has to be.

Comment

Working...
                    X