Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Broner another Jeff Lacy/Danny Jacobs hype job?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It cracks me up when people call Danny Jacobs a hype job. What because he was black, american, and put on HBO? Danny hardly was on tv before that and no one was hyping or talking about him at all. He was a prospect that no one knew about or expected anything from.

Comment

Broner looks good but 130 is a soft division and he is a large 130 pounder. He looks like the goods but I would need to see more against better more diverse oppostion to really fairly assess him.

Comment

Originally posted by jai mari078 View Post
        He is a HYPE JOB, he hasnt fought anyone!!!!! Not to mention he got worked by OLD ASS Ponce and he was given a robbery decision. He will eventually be exposed!!!
        So when Manny was knocked out by 2 fighters who achieved nothing did that make him a hype job??

When the great Marquez lost his first fight did that make him a hype job??

Point is in boxing where 2 grown men enter the ring and fight man to man,you may have days where you don't look you best or even lose. Does that mean you can not learn from your flaws and improve and achieve greatness???history has show us champions often emerge from failure.

Comment

Alot of folks are on Broner about being crass and a loudmouth, and I usually don't like that kinda' fighter much, but I'm thinking alot of his braggadocio might be tongue-in-cheek. Is he just a bigass troll?

As to whether he's a more hype than substance, it's too early for me to be convinced either way, but it should be fun finding out.

Comment

Danny Jacobs? I don't even remember him being all that hyped up to be honest...as for Jeff Lacy he had the LOOK but even while he was undefeated I never seen anything "SPECIAL" from that guy...BRONER ON THE OTHER HAND....SPECIAL!

Prepare yourself to hate this kid for a long time because he is going to continue to rise and you idiots on this forum will continue to find reasons to bash him

Hype Job is what Lucian Bute was! A Guy who people was ready to put in the Top 10 P4P despite the fact that he really never fought anybody

What Broner has right now is called a BUZZ...the boxing world is BUZZING ABOUT HIM but I wouldn't say he is close to being "OVERHYPED" maybe over hyped by a few OVERZEALOUS FANS WHO ARE EXCITED ABOUT HIS POTENTIAL but not overdoing it like fukin BUTE FANS WAS

Broner unlike those fighters are actually fighting pretty good Competition, he is just not taking on the very WORSE in his Division like those guys was doing, he fought a guy in Eloy Perez who people had high regards for as well and he was another young up and coming prospects with High Expectations AS WELL

So we will see over the next couple of years, you people who claim to HATE BRONER sure do love talking about the guy I see

Comment

Yes he is. I see nothing special.

Comment

no Broner is the real deal but his personality is awful

Comment

Lol at calling Tim Bradley a hype job....

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    Prepare yourself to hate this kid for a long time because he is going to continue to rise and you idiots on this forum will continue to find reasons to bash him
                    I love that quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Fury View Post
                      Yes he is. I see nothing special.
                      Yet you see something special in Fury. Speaks volumes. lol

Comment

Working...
                      X