Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winky Wright retires!

From his twitter :

Winky Wright ‏@RealWinkyWright
    It was fun while it lasted I did what I set out to do and that was to be great. Part of being a good boxer is knowing when to call it quits

If I can't be the champion again theres no need to keep boxing. But I thank all of u from the bottom of my heart for always supporting me&

I'll still be ringside at all the fights!

Please do brother. Do not end up like Mosley & Jones.

Comment

That's great news.

No point continuing at this point.
      Last edited by IronDanHamza; 06-03-2012, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        Please do brother. Do not end up like Mosley & Jones.
        You mean legends?

Comment

Good for him. I thought he put on a good effort last night, but I'm sure he doesn't want to stick around just so he can put up good efforts. Great career!

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
            You mean legends?
            You mean smart man who doesnt need to prove anything to himself? Winky deserves respect too than to be cast aside with that statement no? Unless you meant it in a non disrespectful way.

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
              You mean legends?
              Originally posted by -PITO- View Post
              You mean smart man who doesnt need to prove anything to himself? Winky deserves respect too than to be cast aside with that statement no? Unless you meant it in a non disrespectful way.
              What he said Diesel. It almost seems like you're trying to say Winky himself isn't a legend.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                What he said Diesel. It almost seems like you're trying to say Winky himself isn't a legend.
                He isn't a legend.

Comment

Great fighter, he never took a lot of punishment in his career but still knew when it was time to hang them up. So long Winky, I'll always be a fan.

Comment

This thread is funny......lol

As for Winky, much respect to the Champ. The funny thing is that Winky could probably still be a solid fighter if he just fought more. You cant keep retiring for years & years and think you are going to come back to beat young lions who are trying to make a name off of you. Its nearly impossible to do. Still, he's too old to ever be great again so might as well hangem up

Comment

Working...
                    X