My Hagler - Hearns Tribute

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Hagler - Hearns Tribute

xxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by StarshipTrooper; 04-19-2009, 10:24 PM.

Thomas Hearns is my ATF and Hagler's no 2 on my AT Middleweights and I pay immense tribute to them both every day as both of their pictures are in my bar..

As for the fight... Great!... While it lasted... Obviously, being a Hearns fan, I was very dissappointed & lost a few bob at the same time.. Tommy fought the wrong fight that day & made Hagler look toooo good... In truth, nothing beats it for adrenalin, but on a personal level it sucked.. Feel it could've been even better if Hearns hadn't been so reckless.. Top marks for excitement though.. 24 years....It's flown!
    Last edited by mickey malone; 04-19-2009, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Great fight indeed. I think Hearns busted his right hand, and that may have made a difference.

http://www.amazon.com/Joe-Gans-Biogr...0329666&sr=1-1

Comment

Monzon would of beat marvin, he would of been walking right on to that shotgun righthand

Comment

Originally posted by cotto16 View Post
          Monzon would of beat marvin, he would of been walking right on to that shotgun righthand
          Monzon wouldn't have beaten Hagler even if he loaded his gloves like Margacheeto.

Poet

Comment

Hearns is my favourite fighter,and that is my favourite fight of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
              Monzon wouldn't have beaten Hagler even if he loaded his gloves like Margacheeto.

Poet

monzon would have beaten hagler, he had an equally as good chin, nd power, and better stamina, he would win by UD

Comment

I'd make Monzon the favourite against Hagler by a tiny margin, based on his physical advantages, but only the foolhardy would count Hagler out. Their chins and power were about even. They really are very evenly matched. A real pick 'em.

Comment

This has always been a very hard fight to pick a winner. But I would go with a Monzon victory here. Monzon I think would use his counter punching skills and timing to cause Hagler problems, while he racked up points. But Hagler would be in the fight for the most part, and would make Monzon work and when the bell rang Monzon would know he has been in a fight.

Both had cast iron chin's, so a KO is very unlikely, and both had superb stamina. And both are 2 of the greatest Middlweights ever.

This is one dream match I would of loved to of seen
                  Last edited by Southpaw16BF; 04-22-2009, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by portuge puncher View Post
                    monzon would have beaten hagler, he had an equally as good chin, nd power, and better stamina, he would win by UD
                    Monzon was a crude fighter with the uncanny ability to out-tough his relatively weak opposition. That helps him not at all against Hagler who was equally tough, fought a better grade of opponents, and was significantly more skilled.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                    X