No announcement yet.

Team USA vs Jamaica World Cup Q Tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
    It's pretty frustrating to be so ****ty at a sport where consensus is it's the most popular sport on the planet. America has enough top level athletes to finally be good at soccer.
    Athleticism means nothing if you don't have the technical skill.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKickAss View Post
      Athleticism means nothing if you don't have the technical skill.
      By athletes I mean in countries like Spain and Brazil the absolute best their country has to offer play soccer. In America our best play basketball and football. I still think we should have enough leftover top level athletes that could have been playing soccer since they were young to make us a formidable foe in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
        By athletes I mean in countries like Spain and Brazil the absolute best their country has to offer play soccer. In America our best play basketball and football. I still think we should have enough leftover top level athletes that could have been playing soccer since they were young to make us a formidable foe in the sport.
        Most pro players aren't super athletic and never have been. It's all about ball control and reading the game. Being athletic is useless if you haven't spent years mastering how to control a ball.

Comment

We shall see what happens when Donavon and Dempsey get back. Tuesday is a must win though. The US needs to at least finish 2nd in the group to advance to the final Q stage and I'm pretty sure we're better than Guatemala and Antigua.

Comment

Originally posted by badblood View Post
            We shall see what happens when Donavon and Dempsey get back. Tuesday is a must win though. The US needs to at least finish 2nd in the group to advance to the final Q stage and I'm pretty sure we're better than Guatemala and Antigua.
            Oh yeah, that must be why you lost to Jamaica! No Dempsey or Donovan!

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              Oh yeah, that must be why you lost to Jamaica! No Dempsey or Donovan!
              Didn't help.

Comment

Originally posted by badblood View Post
                Didn't help.
                It speaks volumes about Dempsey that even Liverpool won't pay ten mil for him!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                    Most pro players aren't super athletic and never have been. It's all about ball control and reading the game. Being athletic is useless if you haven't spent years mastering how to control a ball.
                    This.

Teddy Sherringham had no natural athletiscism. none.

but he read the game like a ****ing scientist, one of the best forwards ever imo

Comment

Working...
                    X