Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Interested in UFC Deal, But Says He's 'Riding With' Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joshua Interested in UFC Deal, But Says He's 'Riding With' Hearn

Anthony Joshua is interested in sitting down with UFC president Dana White following his fight against Joseph Parker to discuss a potential promotional partnership. The British superstar confirmed he is intrigued by the thought of meeting with White during a conference call Wednesday night to discuss the Parker fight. The Daily Telegraph of London reported Wednesday that White is preparing to make the undefeated heavyweight champion an offer for a multi-fight agreement that could become worth roughly $500 million, assuming the heavily favored Joshua tops Parker in their title unification fight March 31 at Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Is MMA lacking relevance in today's market? I don't know their numbers. But when Dana keeps trying to stretch his arm out to boxers, it gives the appearance that their own stars can't sustain the sport.

Comment

Seems like AJ is literally interested in everything except fighting Wilder.

Comment

Thats interesting Joshua brings in working with the UFC + Hearn. Wonder if Dana & Eddie would agree to that sorta deal?

Comment

DW, as trash as he is, actually makes the best fight the best sometimes. AJ would much rather have a guy like Hearn that's going to milk the target market. Keeping wilder out of the ring is a perfect example of this type of sheltering.

Comment

Originally posted by Travycat View Post
            Is MMA lacking relevance in today's market? I don't know their numbers. But when Dana keeps trying to stretch his arm out to boxers, it gives the appearance that their own stars can't sustain the sport.
            Both sports have ups & downs. Idk why people think this is about MMA failing & not the UFC expanding to a new combat sport as the UFC has been doing for years with it working with numerous other combat sports via its Fight Pass platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              DW, as trash as he is, actually makes the best fight the best sometimes. AJ would much rather have a guy like Hearn that's going to milk the target market and keep guys like Wilder out of the ring.
              In fairness you can't even do like the UFC does in boxing unless you throw away all the belts. Some bs mandatory fight is always being pushed on fighters in boxing.

Comment

He ain't fighting Wilder no time soon lol He's busy doing other stuff. Oh well now I can stop waiting for that fight to happen. But if AJ has other plans so be it. Poor Wilder has to go to the UFC to get a shot at AJ's belts hahaha I bet even then AJ will still freeze him out lol

Comment

"UFC’s 2017 declines in viewership across the board points to value of megastars". I guess I should've done my due diligence and I could've answered my own question. https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/1/1...e-of-megastars
                  Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Both sports have ups & downs. Idk why people think this is about MMA failing & not the UFC expanding to a new combat sport as the UFC has been doing for years with it working with numerous other combat sports via its Fight Pass platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Travycat View Post
                    "UFC’s 2017 declines in viewership across the board points to value of megastars". I guess I should've done my due diligence and I could've answered my own question. https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/1/1...e-of-megastars
                    Yea there are ups & downs like I said.

If you got two of your biggest draws in the existence of your company in 2016 who both don't fight (outside of boxing) in 2017 then yea you are gonna have a declining year.

Boxing has declining years all the time. Til 2017 boxing was looking like dogsh^t. We've recovered nicely & yet TR's show lost to f#cking NCAA wrestling last week.

I wouldn't draw too much about long term sh^t with ratings.

Comment

Working...
                    X