Holyfield VS Tyson - REMATCH...AGAIN?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holyfield VS Tyson - REMATCH...AGAIN?

:wank:

I first heard about this from my father, didnt believe him as you could expect. But just hours later i heard on SkySports of an interview with Holyfield on his new Book and he was jokingly asked about a tyson rematch, however, blanked faced and seemingly serious he said 'Yeah why not?' then after the interviewer questioned the aging Holyfield's answer, the heavyweight legend - again with a straight face - said 'why not? we're both around the same age..' (tyson actually being younger)

So in a haste, in extreme excitement, i searched up articles over the web to find more on the matter. I found this article that shows SOME promise of another ring-war between the former conquorers of the heavyweight but showed a bit of doubt on Holyfield's part:

http://www.boxnews.com.ua/news.php?id=4024&lng=en

However the interview on Skysports was actually AFTER the interview for the above article so theres a seemingly improved opinion from Holyfield FOR the fight rather than slightly sceptical and partially against it.

So any thoughts on this possible bout ???

Originally posted by kenny91 View Post
    :wank:

I first heard about this from my father, didnt believe him as you could expect. But just hours later i heard on SkySports of an interview with Holyfield on his new Book and he was jokingly asked about a tyson rematch, however, blanked faced and seemingly serious he said 'Yeah why not?' then after the interviewer questioned the aging Holyfield's answer, the heavyweight legend - again with a straight face - said 'why not? we're both around the same age..' (tyson actually being younger)

So in a haste, in extreme excitement, i searched up articles over the web to find more on the matter. I found this article that shows SOME promise of another ring-war between the former conquorers of the heavyweight but showed a bit of doubt on Holyfield's part:

http://www.boxnews.com.ua/news.php?id=4024&lng=en

However the interview on Skysports was actually AFTER the interview for the above article so theres a seemingly improved opinion from Holyfield FOR the fight rather than slightly sceptical and partially against it.

So any thoughts on this possible bout ???

Why? Yall talk about Hopkins being old? These dudes is like "Grandfather Time." They might as well bring Roberto Duran back...and Jake LaMotta...

Comment

chances are mate that it will be simply an exhibition match. an encore for the fans. if either of em came back for a challenge at a title then yeah thats taking the piss at their age :P

Comment

Seems as though that two fighters would say in interviews that they'd fight someone, but it never gets any further than that.

Comment

wu buck wild wit da trigger!

Comment

Holyfield's the only one putting himself about (even if it is at a level far below past glories). He's still capable of going the distance whilst Tyson probably can't go much past four without falling apart.

Holyfield by plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by kenny91 View Post
              if either of em came back for a challenge at a title then yeah thats taking the piss at their age :P
              I take it you didn't hear his interview on BBC Radio 4 then? I heard it a week or two ago on my way into work and couldn't believe it when he says he wants to use Tyson to lure out the HW fighters to fight him because he wants another chance to become HW Champion of the World!!!

Comment

Working...
              X