No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: I've Lost All Respect For Froch, Kessler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaintGeorge View Post
    No go on. Explain why it matters? Froch went to Kessler's backyard and gave him hell, the atmosphere, enviroment etc etc doesn't make one bit of difference, it's just an excuse people use when their fighter loses.

Ward could fight Kessler/Froch in each of their living rooms and he'd absolutely wipe the floor with them both. Hey they can even have a tag tornado match and he'd beat the pair of them.
    Actually, in this particular instance, a lot of folks think it caused Froch to lose the decision. Which is why champs SHOULD travel. It proves beyond a shadow of a doubt they don't depend on home cooking for wins. Do I think Ward > Froch,Kessler? Yes, I do. But do I think he should fight outside of his comfort zone in the States? Yes, I do.

Comment

Ward is superior

Froch and kessie are too slow for Ward. Ward beat both of these two guys easily already. kess quits on his stool and Froch acted like he was frozen. Face it neither guy is in Ward's class.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        2.5M pounds? Isn't that nearly 4M dollars? Are you ****ing high? Did Kessler or Froch get even half of that for fighting Ward in the US?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
        I am pretty sure all the Super 6 purses were negotiated before the tourney started... would also point out that tax rates in the US are much lower than the UK or Denmark and a guy fighting in the USA keeps a higher percentage of his earnings.

Under the Danish tax system, therefore, it is possible for a high-wage earner to pay up to 51.5% of their total income after gross tax, giving a total of 57% of total income.

(UK) Alistair Darling announced in the 2009 budget (22 April 2009) that, from April 2010 there would be a new 50% income tax rate for those earning more than £150,000.

For every £2 earned above £100,000, £1 of the personal allowance from the lower rate tax exemption is lost. This means for incomes between £100,001 and £116,210 the marginal tax rate is 60%.[16]

USA = 35% until this year where it changes to 39.6%

So if there were a 5 million dollar payday on the table...

In Denmark fighter keeps 2.45 million
        In the UK they would keep 2 million
        In the USA they would keep 3.25 million

A fighter in the USA with a 4 million dollar purse would keep 2.4 million.

So a guy going to Denmark instead of the USA needs to make an additional 1 million dollars just to come out to the same number after tax.

Comment

Originally posted by fredhopple View Post
          Froch and kessie are too slow for Ward. Ward beat both of these two guys easily already. kess quits on his stool and Froch acted like he was frozen. Face it neither guy is in Ward's class.
          Lol quit on his stool. You obviously haven't seen the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by fredhopple View Post
            The Viking Warrior most certainly did not quit.......

Comment

The deliberate headbutt in round 8, delivered by Billygoat Ward was the reason for the later stoppage.

Comment

Well I don't think the fans have lost all respect.

While Kessler and Froch fill out arenas, Ward struggles to fill phone booths.

I understand what Ward's getting at, but Kessler and particularly Froch have a lot of love and rightly so.

Comment

Ward beats these two panzies again. Next time by TKO

Comment

Originally posted by salitap4p#1 View Post
                    Well I don't think the fans have lost all respect.

While Kessler and Froch fill out arenas, Ward struggles to fill phone booths.

I understand what Ward's getting at, but Kessler and particularly Froch have a lot of love and rightly so.
                    If Ward were Danish he would fill out arenas in Denmark too.

Kessler is popular because he is the only male athlete in the entire country who is world class at a sport that doesn't involve snow or ice.

We're talking about fans that filled out arenas for Brian Nielsen, a fat whale of a suck ass Heavyweight whose claim to fame is losing to Dicky Ryan by "being too fat and tired to continue"

If Kessler were American he sure as hell wouldn't fill out any arenas over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932
                      Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

2.5M pounds? Isn't that nearly 4M dollars? Are you ****ing high? Did Kessler or Froch get even half of that for fighting Ward in the US?

I am pretty sure all the Super 6 purses were negotiated before the tourney started... would also point out that tax rates in the US are much lower than the UK or Denmark and a guy fighting in the USA keeps a higher percentage of his earnings.

Under the Danish tax system, therefore, it is possible for a high-wage earner to pay up to 51.5% of their total income after gross tax, giving a total of 57% of total income.

(UK) Alistair Darling announced in the 2009 budget (22 April 2009) that, from April 2010 there would be a new 50% income tax rate for those earning more than £150,000.

For every £2 earned above £100,000, £1 of the personal allowance from the lower rate tax exemption is lost. This means for incomes between £100,001 and £116,210 the marginal tax rate is 60%.[16]

USA = 35% until this year where it changes to 39.6%

So if there were a 5 million dollar payday on the table...

In Denmark fighter keeps 2.45 million
                      In the UK they would keep 2 million
                      In the USA they would keep 3.25 million

A fighter in the USA with a 4 million dollar purse would keep 2.4 million.

So a guy going to Denmark instead of the USA needs to make an additional 1 million dollars just to come out to the same number after tax.
                      Holy taxes...

Comment

Working...
                      X