Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could a prime Camacho beat a prime whitaker,PBF,shane,Oscar and broner@135lb?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, that's a cool pic of Macho and JCC in your sig.

Comment

I think Whitaker was better than Camacho as a defensive fighter. Camacho was good but Whitaker takes it in this department. Whitaker also was better at remaining effective at higher weights. Camacho has better footwork and speed.

I think they are very similar in skills although Camacho was one of the most, if not the most, physically gifted boxer ever. The athleticism was out of this world. However, Whitaker seems to have had a better work ethic than Camacho. That, definitely, helped him to achieve most of his true potential. Camacho, as great as he was, never realized his full potential.

Comment

He beats, Oscar, Shane and Broner(rather easily), he loses to Floyd and Sweat pea(Sweet pea schools him)

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
          Pea was better than Camacho, tho. In fact, much much better at everything,
          this is the thing about having a discussion online, with multiple people commenting, some things get misconstrued or taken out of context. i never said macho was better. i said he was about the only guy in that era that could have beaten pea legitimately.

except hand/footspeed.

if macho's hand speed and footspeed are better, then he isn't much better at everything bro.

Comment

I think he could beat today's Broner but he would lose to all the others.

Comment

he beats up mosely and broner idk about the rest

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
                shane was a monster puncher at that weight. while oscar wasn't a slouch, he was still as i said, relatively green.

as far as floyd and whitaker that's fine. its not like it would have been a cake walk for any of these guys. none of these guys have ever seen anything like camacho, but that isn't to say these guys are lesser fighters.
                I know he was huge puncher but that just doesn't nullify macho's skill set in my eyes.

And as for dela Hoya idk if he lands something Clean and spooks camacho it could be a bad night for him if he doesn't then he gets schooled

Comment

First of respect to Hector Camacho, he should be let have his dignity and rest in peace.

Right:
                  Sweet Pea - No, too slick, his defence would nullify Macho

Mosley - I don't think so, the dude was a beast at LW with comparable speed and much more power, but there would be a slight chance that he would outbox Shane

DLH - I dunno, I think about it and I'm split, prime for prime I think maybe Macho outfoxes Oscar and out boxes him over twelve... Only to lose by controversial UD

Mayweather - Much like Pernell I feel Floyd out boxes Camacho. Probably easier than I feel Pernell would. Too good of a counterpuncher, too equally matched in speed, too good.

Broner - No, I like the kid but WAY too soon to be putting him in with the greats! Don't get your reasoning, when you could have had other ATG's like Duran, Benny Leonard or Armstrong!
                  Last edited by toshmurph; 11-23-2012, 09:32 PM. Reason: I made a mistake spelling

Comment

who's Bonner?

Comment

Broner jesus****

But no I doubt it.

Comment

Working...
                      X