No announcement yet.

bert coopers power and potential

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bert coopers power and potential

He almost put away holyfield. I also saw him knock out a few others, Some people said he hit very hard. What do you forum members rember about bert?
    He is still active.

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
    He almost put away holyfield. I also saw him knock out a few others, Some people said he hit very hard. What do you forum members rember about bert?
    He is still active.
    Cooper could really hit for a small heavyweight, no doubt. But he was a hopeless crackhead and some of his later fights were embarrassing to watch. His fight with Michael Moorer was a classic though.

Comment

Cooper, motivated and in shape, was a double tough son of a bytch!

Comment

His biggest problem was that he just a bit too small to beat the better heavyweights. He'd have been far more successful if he had stayed at Cruiser, but that would be fistic success not financial success.

He was a talented guy who definitely could bang. He was in a lot of entertaining as hell fights. I was at his fight with Moorer and it's the best fight I've ever seen live.

Comment

Cooper, at his best, was a hard-hitting son-of-a-gun.But like jabs said, he was just too small to beat the better heavyweights.But he did hurt Carl Williams real good, briefly.

Comment

He sure took us for an interesting ride. I remember his early days as a cruiserweight in great fights with Tillman and Willie DeWitt. Great times.
            As with many fighters of the times drugs took it's toll.

Comment

when he was motivated he was one tough guy loved his fights against moorer and holyfield all time classics

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                He sure took us for an interesting ride. I remember his early days as a cruiserweight in great fights with Tillman and Willie DeWitt. Great times.
                As with many fighters of the times drugs took it's toll.
                Yeah, those fights were something else.

Comment

Working...
                X