Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Follow Up Thread, Some Advice + A Thank You.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Follow Up Thread, Some Advice + A Thank You.

Sup guys, some of you (few of you) may remember me making this thread quite some time ago, in which I spoke about my then lack of motivation due to some factors outside the sport and coping with my first losses.

Since then, my record is now 25 -4, yes I lost two more times - but s**t really does happen and sometimes there's various mitigating factors that make it basically impossible to know what you're fighting on the night, i.e, your opponent being changed in the hours before the fight to someone who is almost a foot taller than you.

Recently I have been playing rugby twice a week during ordinary training term and dropping it near fights/tournaments incase I pick up any injuries and I've noticed my hit resistance going up a ton, mostly that I'm not losing wind from taking body shots as much as I used to.

The basic gist of this thread is basically to thank this site, and it's community, for the responses I got in that thread because it genuinely picked me up and encouraged me to adopt a more positive outlook to losing and how I should view it in the grand scheme of things. I'd like to extend that to any amateurs who might be reading this, or any athlete who may be lacking motivation after a poor result or disappointing outcome - You need to dust yourself off and just go back at it twice as hard, you need to force feed yourself the willpower to train every day even if you might hate it, because I guarantee you that the next time you win it's one of the best feelings in the world, to know you dragged yourself back into winning shape.

I'm currently due to leave home for Lympstone in two weeks to start training to become a Royal Marine, following the example of my father and brothers. I do, however, fully intend to utilise my skills and experiences in my armed service career to pursue a professional boxing career once I leave the armed forces.

I wish everyone the best with their training/fights, and I hope you learn the lessons I learned and keep bouncing back.

Peace out.

Good read.

Best of luck my friend.

Comment

Hey man, enjoy CTCRM. I'm going the other way to you pal. Left that back in 2003 and only now starting up Boxing. They'll love you for your boxing though buddy (And probably your rugby) so fair play to you and remember, It's only pain!

Comment

nice recovery! post vids of them fights if you have them mane

Comment

Originally posted by dutchschaffer View Post
          Hey man, enjoy CTCRM. I'm going the other way to you pal. Left that back in 2003 and only now starting up Boxing. They'll love you for your boxing though buddy (And probably your rugby) so fair play to you and remember, It's only pain!
          The rugby seems to have impressed my interviewer, who I assume must have been a big rugby fan.

Funnily enough my hardest hit ever taken comes from rugby and not boxing - some fat blokes shoulder sent me to the realms of unconsciousness for a good minute or so, it was one of those situations where you trip into someones tackle, and end up taking the full brunt of it on your face without any momentum of your own.

Comment

Well best of luck to you buddy. They had a Boxing comp when I was there and although it was units fighting they did have it open for recruits to fight in it as well, if they had some experience of course. That was in the October (I joined in July '03) so you might be able to compete in that to.
            Take it easy

Comment

Working...
            X