Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Camp: Arum Probably Searching For New Cash Cow!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
    How could Horn be a bigger cash cow than Pacquiao? If anything Arum failed to put Pacquiao in a position where he wouldn't be robbed. Fighting Horn was appealing to Team Pacquiao because they figured they would get an easy pay day and not have to travel too far from his home. Apparently they underestimated the hometown influence Horn had. Pacquiao has been showing less and less interest in boxing. The problem is his die hard fans are still clamoring for him to be relevant in the sport.
    Actually I think Horn Is the bigger cash cow at this point. At 38 Pacquiao probably has one or two more fights left. At 29 Horn has his entire career In front of him. It also doesn't hurt that Arum will no longer be paying large sums of between 10-20 million out to Pacquiao when he can pay Horn 2-3 million as he does Crawford.

Comment

Manny need to go to Schafer & Just get big fights to close his career out. Maybe a Marquez, Horn scrapper, Mayweather, Spence or Thurman shootout.

Comment

If Pacquaio is a free agent, he should forget about a rematch with Horn. He should sign with Dibella or Al Haymon and fight Spence, Thurman and Garcia in his last few fights. Those are the fights in which he will make the most money. Pacquaio can defeat two out of three of those opponents (Thurman and Garcia) and retire with a lot more money than he would under Arum's thumb.

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
          I think arum is done with manny and doesnt want to invest in him anymore. His new boy is lomachenko. Thats just the business for you, when a fighter is done they kick them to the curb. Thats why you have to be smart like floyd and get as much money as you can while you can and milk the **** out of every fight.
          I agree with virtually everything you said. However, Lomachenko can't draw flies to his fights and will not make Arum any money. If Pacquaio is stupid enough to resign with Arum, Pacuqiao/Horn II is next in Australia,. If Pacquaio doesn't resign, Horn/Crawford is next in Australia, followed by Horn/Bradley and Horn/Lomachenko, all in Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
            I agree with virtually everything you said. However, Lomachenko can't draw flies to his fights and will not make Arum any money. If Pacquaio is stupid enough to resign with Arum, Pacuqiao/Horn II is next in Australia,. If Pacquaio doesn't resign, Horn/Crawford is next in Australia, followed by Horn/Bradley and Horn/Lomachenko, all in Australia.
            I think if lomachenko keeps winning he will become a bigger draw. If not him then arum has crawford hes done with manny hes milked all he can out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              you totally have your head up your ass, for some strange reason
              I have my head up my ass because I said my opinion? I didn't state anything but facts, mayweather claimed for years pac was dirty then pulls some shady bs in their fight,pacs probably dirty too but he never got caught even potentially doing anything that I know of. And actually scratch that Pacs for sure been dirty but nobody can prove it & never will.
              Last edited by kushking; 07-04-2017, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
                I have my head up my ass because I said my opinion? I didn't state anything but facts, mayweather claimed for years pac was dirty then pulls some shady bs in their fight,pacs probably dirty too but he never got caught even potentially doing anything that I know of. And actually scratch that Pacs for sure been dirty but nobody can prove it & never will.

all I meant was..... Pac is 100x more suspicious than Mayweather..... it is not right to blame Mayweather while ignoring Pacquiao

fair call

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  all I meant was..... Pac is 100x more suspicious than Mayweather..... it is not right to blame Mayweather while ignoring Pacquiao

fair call
                  My argument is that ALL boxers up until this era were dirty at times when it suited them. That's literally part of the game until vada era now. And even now they still do it but its harder & only certain drugs,but I honestly believe if those fighters got away with it then oh well,& if everyone was doing it then it evens itself out. Google Heredia fbi info or something like that & read what he says.

And he's still being employed by many prominent fighters because he beats VADA 4 enough money. As he says it, athletes don't have a choice but to use peds if thats the only way they can compete when everyone else is on peds.

And 4 the record mayweather did play a prominent role is making testing an important role in boxing.

I will also add that by peds I don't mean roids only certain fighters which are the biggest cheats use roids,thats not the same as someone using tweak to make weight.
                  Last edited by kushking; 07-04-2017, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Manny needs to GTF outta the old geezer's stable soon as that contract expires, and never look back!

Comment

I made this comment in another forum but think it applicable here as well; Pac doesn't need Arum. "Pac should think Philippines, Pac has the rematch clause not Horn. Money and gate will not be there in AU, it's not the same story line now; hometown unknown has chance to be a real Rocky against a legend. This time it's Horn champion by judges decision never fought outside AU rematch with fading legend at the site of the crime. Or it could be the legendary Pac going away fight W, L or D in home country to avenge loss, give back to country and fans. If there is a venue big enough in the Philippines it would set a gate record. The build-up, the hype and story line would make a big event, one with real $$, not what Horn will see in AU rematch.

So Arum argues with Arum over the rematch clause for AU. So Pac doesn't exercise rematch clause goes away from Arum and has his own going away fight in the Philippines. Arum still has Horn and there are plenty of boxers who need that belt. But where's the money? Horn is not a salable item to mass audience(USA)he needs a name opponent. Too much money out here for any combination of Spence, Thurman, Crawford that fans want for any of them to fight Horn. And you can bet your a-- that none of the elite are going down under.

So Arum needs to force the move to the Philippines for Pac's big event, he owes him at least that much. It's only economic sense to Arum. If there is a refusal to go to the Philippines for Pac, Pac move on. If Horn wants a real payday he's got to leave AU one way or another.

Horn is only an A side boxer against Pac and that's due to the judges. If not in the Philippines as a retirement fight then no rematch. Where does that leave Horn? Pac is going to make money, best it be in the Philippines and Spence is not a bad name but a retirement needs to be a party.

Bottom line is that Pac holds the keys to Horn's big payday(s) and can leave on his own terms."

Comment

Working...
                      X