Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the hold up on Manny Pacquiao next fight announcement?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
    Let's put it this way....Pac felt a need to make a clause
    Yep, just like the days when guys Sugar Ray Leonard and Mayweather also made requests.
    Stop being so bitter.

Comment

Just saying....Pac isn't shy about rematches....except 1.

No clause, no 1st fight
      well yes but those fights had good reasons for them happening. all the marquez fights were razor close. bradley got an official win over pac and pac wanted to set the record straight. he beat up cotto so the only reason to fight him again would be to prove he could beat him at a different weight or without a catch weight. not very compelling to me. its like floyd fighing maidana twice and canelo only once. canelo is better right? he only fought him once because he clearly won even though it was in cowardly fashion

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        he was at 140. cotto was at 147. yes he should have fought at 47 but catch weight fights between champs in divisions was pretty common. now catch weights between champs in the same divisoin...well thats reserved for floyd who im sure you love.
        I've read this excuse before.
        Had Pac not be a complete bltch about Cotto (who wanted Cotto to come down to WW after he had already moved up ) I would have ignored the clause demand.
        Pac's bltch moves with May, who I'm sure you hate.
        Pac vs a depleted and shot DLH (''DLH'' was the slight favorite, though''...even though DLH was far removed from his ww days ). Brave Pac let DLH be a full WW.......
        Was brave enough to move up vs Margarito but no one else.

Don't get me started

Comment

Originally posted by Flo_Raiden View Post
          Yep, just like the days when guys Sugar Ray Leonard and Mayweather also made requests.
          Stop being so bitter.
          I've read this excuse before.
          Had Pac not be a complete bltch about Cotto (who wanted Cotto to come down to WW after he had already moved up ) I would have ignored the clause demand.
          Pac's bltch moves with May, who I'm sure you hate.
          Pac vs a depleted and shot DLH (''DLH'' was the slight favorite, though''...even though DLH was far removed from his ww days ). Brave Pac let DLH be a full WW.......
          Was brave enough to move up vs Margarito but no one else.

Don't get me started

Comment

It's still somewhat early to be honest. He's got senate duties and is probably going to wait until the new year to make the announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              well yes but those fights had good reasons for them happening. all the marquez fights were razor close. bradley got an official win over pac and pac wanted to set the record straight. he beat up cotto so the only reason to fight him again would be to prove he could beat him at a different weight or without a catch weight. not very compelling to me. its like floyd fighing maidana twice and canelo only once. canelo is better right? he only fought him once because he clearly won even though it was in cowardly fashion
              Pac faught JMM for 2 reasons....
              Need for closure
              JMM is a stylistically appealing opponent for Pac
              I'm sure Pac was thinking ''I will eventually KO him.''
              Pacbois love to state how close he was to ending JMM.

May got to DLH at DLH's weight.
              May moving up vs a bigger guy = clause
              Pac moving up vs a bigger guy = clause
              Fair n square

May vs Maidana was close enough
              We will not see a Pac vs Horn redo, will we ?
              Pac straight up refused Cotto rematch unless Cotto jumped through those hoops again.

I can't make you not like Pac and you can't make me like him.

Comment

Pacbois want to use Pac is old for him fighting guys at their worst and still be able to give him credit if he wins

No one is going to pass up a Pac paycheck. If the guy can blink his eyes, he will try and get in the ring with Pac.....and Pac won't mind a damn bit
                pac ruined lives...m

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
                  pac ruined lives...m
                  May ruined arms and crushed souls

Comment

So, will Pacbois be impressed if Pac beats a fresh from the hospital Spence ?????

Maybe a tough WW opponent like Mikey G will do the trick........
                    Extremely much better than fighting MMA and 100lbs kick boxer...

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
                      Extremely much better than fighting MMA and 100lbs kick boxer...
                      If Pac can demand 9 figures for such fights, HE WOULD !

Comment

Working...
                      X