No announcement yet.

Now you see why Ortiz turned down AJ on short notice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now you see why Ortiz turned down AJ on short notice

He wasn't about to sell out, he needed time to prep & now he's in amazing shape. So many "fans" blasted him for doing the right thing and taking a tougher challenge in Wilder.

he's not in amazing shape.
    he was also in "dont test me" mode at that time
    wilder was not considered a tougher challenge at the time
    he's making a lot less money, isnt the point of boxing to make money?
    he didn't say shape was the reason, he wanted more money remember?

besides that you nailed it!

Comment

In hindsight, he would've beatean AJ, become HW champion of the world, and made an even bigger bag in the rematch.

But sure. He's in great shape now lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
        He wasn't about to sell out, he needed time to prep & now he's in amazing shape. So many "fans" blasted him for doing the right thing and taking a tougher challenge in Wilder.
        - -Deyonce a sissy TBA fighter.

No guarantee at the time that Ortiz would land that fight with the Fury rematch looming.

Pure duck, but in this case it works for Ortiz. Hope you ready for a trilogy if Ortiz wins.

Comment

Per Mike Coppinger, Ortiz is making more money to fight Wilder in a rematch than he was offered for the Joshua fight.

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          he's not in amazing shape.
          he was also in "dont test me" mode at that time
          wilder was not considered a tougher challenge at the time
          he's making a lot less money, isnt the point of boxing to make money?
          he didn't say shape was the reason, he wanted more money remember?

besides that you nailed it!

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
            Per Mike Coppinger, Ortiz is making more money to fight Wilder in a rematch than he was offered for the Joshua fight.
            And you believe that crap. Why, why would Fox give away that kind of money to a fight even Espinoza admits it didn't make sense in terms of gaining any profit from it?

Hmm... lemme see...so stupid Hearn made another unprecedented offer to an Ortiz-level, never heard of in the history of boxing, and all of a sudden he can even make more in a sport environment where fans have been shying away from. He made $500K in the first fight and you're saying he will be making 14x more?

Are you really that gullible?

Comment

I believe it because a trained journalist who has no reason to lie reported it. I believe something that was reported by a reporter. You don’t believe it based on absolutely nothing.

Maybe the deal didn’t make sense for Espinoza and Showtime because they didn’t want to spend the kind of money Fox is spending.

Have you not noticed the how purses have changed since the first Wilder-Ortiz fight?

GGG made $5 million to fight a rematch with Canelo Alvarez in 2018. He made $14 million dollars to fight Steve Rolls in 2019.

Canelo made $5 million in that same fight. He made $31 million to fight Danny Jacobs.

Danny Jacobs made $1.75 million to fight GGG. He made $12 million to fight Canelo.

So yes, it does make sense that Ortiz would make $7 million. Purses are changing.

Originally posted by maguirre View Post
              And you believe that crap. Why, why would Fox give away that kind of money to a fight even Espinoza admits it didn't make sense in terms of gaining any profit from it?

Hmm... lemme see...so stupid Hearn made another unprecedented offer to an Ortiz-level, never heard of in the history of boxing, and all of a sudden he can even make more in a sport environment where fans have been shying away from. He made $500K in the first fight and you're saying he will be making 14x more?

Are you really that gullible?

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
                I believe it because a trained journalist who has no reason to lie reported it. I believe something that was reported by a reporter. You don’t believe it based on absolutely nothing.

Maybe the deal didn’t make sense for Espinoza and Showtime because they didn’t want to spend the kind of money Fox is spending.

Have you not noticed the how purses have changed since the first Wilder-Ortiz fight?

GGG made $5 million to fight a rematch with Canelo Alvarez in 2018. He made $14 million dollars to fight Steve Rolls in 2019.

Canelo made $5 million in that same fight. He made $31 million to fight Danny Jacobs.

Danny Jacobs made $1.75 million to fight GGG. He made $12 million to fight Canelo.

So yes, it does make sense that Ortiz would make $7 million. Purses are changing.
                A trained journalist is the worst liar in the world, donut they make up stories so fools believe them like you

Comment

Now you see why Ortiz turned down AJ on short notice

OK, OK...

... I'm taking Wilder over Ortiz by (T)KO, and nothing else...

... are you ready to bet all your e-points here?... (and I'll give 10 to 1 on this bet)...

Comment

That's not what they said when they turned down the offer. I get what ppl are saying but let's be real about what they said at the time.

Had they said thanks but no thanks we'd le a full camp to face wilder then fine but they said Joshua ducked and sent lowball offers and ortiz was on holiday, when he wasn't.

Comment

Working...
                    X