Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns: I'm Not Done, I've Still Got Several Big Fights in Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns: I'm Not Done, I've Still Got Several Big Fights in Me

Ricky Burns laces them up for the 50th time on Saturday night at the Metro Radio Arena in Newcastle, live on Sky Sports and the Scottish boxing hero says that there are plenty more great nights left in the tank. Burns created history by becoming Scotland's first three-weight World champion in May 2016 when he added Super-Lightweight glory to his Super-Featherweight and Lightweight titles by stopping Michele Di Rocco for the WBA title in Glasgow.
    [Click Here To Read More]

You'll be done after the first of those hypothetical big fights.

Comment

Burns has been past his best now for about 5 years, and he was never great anyway.

When you're losing to Crolla and Indongo, you don't have big fight left in you. I'm sure he'll get paid handsomely to get whooped by Josh Taylor at some point though.

Comment

You can fight on Ricky, of course. You've proved yourself to be a warrior if nothing else. But no. You're done at the top level. Even to get your hands on another title at this stage would take a minor miracle.

You should be proud of what you did man, especially given that pretty much all you had going for you was only a ****-ton of grit. You wanna hang 'em up no one would hold it against you, champ... you wanna fight on - well I'm sure there's more than a few young upstarts gonna realise they bit off more than they can chew.

Comment

Ritson is going to end the Rickster in sad, brutal fashion. Like Joe Smith vs B Hop

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
            Ritson is going to end the Rickster in sad, brutal fashion. Like Joe Smith vs B Hop
            Doubt it. Ricky ain't been stopped in 49 fights. Ritson is a similar fighter - high guard and no upper body movement, fights in straight lines. Got the full 12 written all over it.

Comment

His days are fighting Elite Fighters are gone unless a champion wants an easy mark or he chooses to stick around fighting B&C Fighters. it's obvious...

Comment

Ricky need to cherry pick or die 😂

Comment

several big fights to lose..unfortunately.. I don't think burns can win the big ones anymore..plus the big fights for him are probably gonna be domestic dust-ups

Comment

How this guy gets recycled everytime is beyond me. He has more lives than Zab Judah

Comment

Working...
                    X