Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxnation commentary for Lomachenko-Rigondeaux. Bias gone too far?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with boxnation. Loma losing a close fight to rough tough overweight foul fighting Salido in his second pro fight isn't a blemish and if it was a blemish he certainly made up for it by winning world titles at 126 and 130 in only 7 pro fights. Nobody ever won titles in two weigh classes in only 7 fights before in the long history of boxing. I don't know for fact Loma would beat Saildo in a rematch but I am 99% sure he would beat Salido in a rematch and I doubt anybody believes Salido would win a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Anyone else notice that?

First off I like and rate Lomachenko. I picked him to lose to Russel and Walters and he demolished both and thought he was fantastic last night so it's no slight on him.

But when a commentator say's;

"The only kind of blemish Lomachenko has is to Salido. But we don't talk about that"

What?! Firstly it's not "kind of" a blemish it is a literal blemish and closing your eyes and putting your fingers in your ears is not acceptable for a commenator.

Then Barry Jones replied with "If Lomachenko rematched Salido he would totally dominate him and that we know" errr no you don't "know" that they fought once and he lost that is all we "know"

Boxnation need a whole new team from top to bottom.

Stay mad--

You have a problem with people praising an elite fighter? Kinda weird

Loma has came so far since fighting salido

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
        I hated how Buffer announced his record as "nine wins and one disputed loss". Certain people are trying to rewrite history regarding that fight and I don't even see why. There's absolutely no shame in losing to Salido in your second pro bout. It was actually an invaluable experience for him
        I agree that Buffer had no right to say disputed loss and he may have been told to say that. Almost every boxing loss is disputed by somebody.Buffer should just read the fighter's records as they are without any of his additions.

Comment

I would love to see the rematch, not because I think Salido has any chance whatsoever, but for Lomachencko, there will always be people mentioning it even though it was only his second pro fight.

Fight him, make him quit, erase it from everyone's memory.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            I agree that Buffer had no right to say disputed loss and he may have been told to say that. Almost every boxing loss is disputed by somebody.Buffer should just read the fighter's records as they are without any of his additions.
            I think Buffer is told what to say in these situations. I'm pretty sure he doesn't come up with it himself.

Comment

Gotta love the BS attempt to rewrite the narrative of the Salido fight. "It was only Loma's second pro event". "Arum threw Loma to the wolves before he was ready!". It's just straight up sad watching Loma fanboys & Top Rank shills in the boxing media pretend Salido wasn't meant to an easy showcase fight for Loma. Salido was a +400 underdog against Loma. +400 points! To put that number into perspective, McGregor was a smaller underdog vs Mayweather!

The shameless fanboys trying to downplay what was an awful loss are why people "hate" on Loma

Comment

You should hear the ESPN commentary.

When Loma missed about 7 punches, pushed Rigo's head down and walked behind him. They were like "oh my god, that's amazing"

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                  Stay mad--

You have a problem with people praising an elite fighter? Kinda weird

Loma has came so far since fighting salido
                  No issue at all with giving deserved praise obviously but don't be ridiculously biased.

Which clearly they were in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    I agree with boxnation. Loma losing a close fight to rough tough overweight foul fighting Salido in his second pro fight isn't a blemish and if it was a blemish he certainly made up for it by winning world titles at 126 and 130 in only 7 pro fights. Nobody ever won titles in two weigh classes in only 7 fights before in the long history of boxing. I don't know for fact Loma would beat Saildo in a rematch but I am 99% sure he would beat Salido in a rematch and I doubt anybody believes Salido would win a rematch.
                    It is literally a blemish on his record.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                      Theres a big difference between ' no one really talks about it anymore to ' we do not talk about that' lol.

So basically Boxnation had been instructed to follow a script about lomachenko for some unknown reasons despite him having nothing to do with fish eyes warren or boxnation ?

I will say however, it honestly sounded like they were reading from a script in the Williams V smith fight.

best of a bad bunch im afraid, I literally cannot listen to HBO anymore, and everyone at Sky seems like they are terrified to speak out or like Johnny Nelson they are literally just trolling...
                      Worth mentioning that Bunce wrote the following about the Salido loss in the Independent the other day:

"It was a shock, but a brilliant victory for the old pro game..."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/g...-a8090346.html

Comment

Working...
                      X