No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hatton Admits He Would Have Retired Even in Victory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmmm...

makes me wonder why he had the fight, sure he was talking world title fights before the fight.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
      hmmmm...

makes me wonder why he had the fight, sure he was talking world title fights before the fight.

I think he felt even if he didn't have it anymore to compete with the top fighters he would still scrape a win against a decent opponent like Senchenko.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d
        Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigM

hmmmm...

I think he felt even if he didn't have it anymore to compete with the top fighters he would still scrape a win against a decent opponent like Senchenko.
        yeah i suppose, at least he tried

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Nice funded payday lol, This guy knows how to play his Manchester fans
          This. Seeing all the 'support' for him is comical. He certainly knows how to make money out of these people.

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
            No your just being naive. He fought a feather fisted fighter who had just lost to Paulie. Like I said in another thread it is good he got KO'ed by this dude because if he would have fought a WW with some power he would have been in a hospital trying to remember what happened.
            Yes you are right. But it depends on what hatton wanted really. If he wants to retire on a win i was thinking maybe another fight to win. But if he wants world titles then last night proved he hasnt got it.

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
              This. Seeing all the 'support' for him is comical. He certainly knows how to make money out of these people.
              So people should only support winners? The fans pay to see him because they enjoy his fights and like the guy. He could have sold twice as many tickets in a bigger venue, the fight was sold out in 2 days. Sport isn't all about winning it's about entertainment also.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                So people should only support winners?.
                No of course not. But Hatton is and has only ever been about money. Dont believe what he says about love for his fans.

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
                  No of course not. But Hatton is and has only ever been about money. Dont believe what he says about love for his fans.
                  If it was just about money wouldn't he be better off fighting complete bums so he could win and get another pay day? The fans bought the tickets before the opponent was announced he didn't have to choose a decent opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                    If it was just about money wouldn't he be better off fighting complete bums so he could win and get another pay day? The fans bought the tickets before the opponent was announced he didn't have to choose a decent opponent.
                    Senchenko is nothing special. Anyone who gets picked apart and stopped by Malignaggi is nothing special.

Comment

Yeah, right.

He would have talked about ring rust and getting the first fight out of the system, and gone ahead with a Paulie re-match.

I'd say he's fleecing his fans but I don't have much time for them anyway. They're football fans who follow boxing only when Hatton fights. Let them pay for PPV for fights against Lazcano and Senchenko.

It really frustrates me that the only recent coverage boxing has got in the mainstream sporting media is Hatton's comeback and Orlando Cruz coming out.

EDIT: and Freddie Flintoff.

Jesus.
                      Last edited by Porter's Dad; 11-25-2012, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X