Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Rank - good or bad for Rigondeaux?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Rank - good or bad for Rigondeaux?

I mean, I love the fact that they're keeping him on PPV cards and getting him exposure. I think these fights are good for him to develop his pro style but do you think they are moving him too slow competition wise? The guy is 31 years old and is not getting any younger. I've been reading around and he's getting knocked for his competition. I don't think his competition is bad at all for a guy with 10 pro fights.

If he decides or decided to stay with Top Rank, I think he needs a better/tougher opponent for his next bout and start moving him along for a bigger fight. Aside from the GBP fighters and some of the Top 10 who's out there for Rigondeaux? Only option I can think of right now for his next opponent is Abegko, when/if he moves up and Nishioka if he doesn't fight Mares or Donaire. Altho he said he didn't wanna fight Rigo, money talks.

It may be good for him for a little while....but Top Rank Is what it is...Arum?

Comment

I'd LOVE to see Rigondeaux sign with TMT.

If he stays with Top Rank, I'm not sure why they haven't matched him against Steve Molitor yet. He's in the Top 10, signed with TR, and has a win over Ndlovu.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post

If he stays with Top Rank, I'm not sure why they haven't matched him against Steve Molitor yet. He's in the Top 10, signed with TR, and has a win over Ndlovu.
        I was hoping he would go with GB or TMT too.

I overlooked Molitor. Wth is Top Rank doing with him anyway...?

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          I was hoping he would go with GB or TMT too.

I overlooked Molitor. Wth is Top Rank doing with him anyway...?
          I have no idea. He'd be a good fight for Rigondeaux right now though. Someone like him or even someone like Ndlovu or Shimoda. Shimoda was clearly beating Ramos before he got stopped.

The Marroquin fight, or however it's spelled, seems like another Teon Kennedy fight, pointless.

Comment

I have no idea. He'd be a good fight for Rigondeaux right now though. Someone like him or even someone like Ndlovu or Shimoda. Shimoda was clearly beating Ramos before he got stopped.

The Marroquin fight, or however it's spelled, seems like another Teon Kennedy fight, pointless.
            I've watched some fights of Marroquin and he seems to have some talent. Im not sure why Top Rank is doing this to him. But Marroquin is a taller guy than Kennedy so this will show if Rigo learned anything from the Cordoba fight or not.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              I've watched some fights of Marroquin and he seems to have some talent. Im not sure why Top Rank is doing this to him. But Marroquin is a taller guy than Kennedy so this will show if Rigo learned anything from the Cordoba fight or not.
              I'm surprised too. I thought Marroquin is just some nice prospect they have??? Why would they sacrifice him to Rigondeaux like this???

That's why I'd like to see him fight Molitor, a southpaw who's around 5'7''/5'8'' I believe. At least Rigo would be fighting a guy in the Top 10, like Cordoba and Ramos were. Marroquin, no one is going to give him credit for beating an unknown prospect.

Anyways, I'm still hoping Rigo goes with TMT or GBP.

Comment

Top Rank has the biggest fight for him with Nonito but will they make the fight is the question.

Comment

Ndlovu beat him actually lol. But at least he's a top 20 fighter, which Marroquin isn't. However, Marroquin's height and reach will force Rigo to use his skill-set. Interested in seeing what he will do when he's at a physical disadvantage.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    Ndlovu beat him actually lol. But at least he's a ranked fighter, which Marroquin isn't. However, Marroquin's height and reach will force Rigo to use his skill-set. Interested in seeing what he will do when he's at a physical disadvantage.
                    In the last fight, he beat Ndlovu twice before though.

Comment

Working...
                    X