Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark Berndt, 61, accused of blindfolding students and feeding them his own semen on c

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    I could care less, semen is my proberly there favorite, your just bias so i won't hold down the fort with you no more.

This is about grammar now.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest0316
      Whats the point of bail anyway? Either these men are threats to society or not, all it is is a get out of jail free card for those who can afford it.
      Erm... OK. This is the issue: Anyone who is before the courts is innocent. That is the default position. It is the job of the state to prove that the defendant of the case is guilty and until that happens the person is not guilty. Nobody ever has to prove their innocence.

When somebody is arrested for a crime they are typically held in custody until they get a bail hearing. They are then typically released. In the US they set bail, this is money that guarantees that the defendant will show up for court and will abide by the rules of his release or the money is forfeit.

When setting bail the judge has to weigh the danger to the public but the main consideration is the flight risk - if the guy is likely to flee then the amount should be higher.

My objection to setting the bail at such a ridiculous fee is this: Just deny bail if you think there is such an enormous risk. But of course the grounds for denying bail cannot take into account the magnitude of the crime you're accused of because as already mentioned, the court has to consider you innocent until a verdict is delivered.

So the bail amount here appears to be punitive instead of a simple guarantee that he'll show up for a trial. He's a school teacher in the US. A bail amount of $2million would be at least achievable by application to a bondsman and would be a sum of money that is definitely going to deter a school teacher from taking off.

Comment

So many questions. I don't even understand how this would satisfy a pedo. How did........you know what, **** it, he can spend the rest of his life being someone's ***** in jail.

Comment

Wouldnt the seriousness of the charge factor in to how likely you are to run? When deciding to treat human in ways that would get you arrested if they were pets, public safety should be the only determining factor. The bail process is instead directed at making money for the government and lessening the burdens on people who can afford to commit crime.
          You can't feed semen to pets!?

Comment

Once he hits the pen hes done for.
            oh yeas...he will spend the rest of his life on PC. even there he still may get killed . F^Ckin cho-mo

Comment

As someone else already said. Send them in with the murderers and the ganglords of the prison and let word slip. Easily done.

Comment

Even on the sex offender ward the guy who feeds semen to blindfolded schoolchildren gets beaten into a coma.
                when you put it like that, sounds kinda kinky

Comment

Damn, just when you think you have heard it all.

Comment

Oh my goodness, I wish I hadn't read this. What a sick and twisted waste of life this guy is. I will never understand what possesses people to do this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                      $23 million bail? Unless this guy is incredibly rich, what's the point of that figure?
                      The American bail system is ****ed up. Somone like this shouldn't be given any chance of bail. This is basically paying the system for a chance to escape.

Comment

Working...
                      X