Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most biased refereeing you've ever seen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
    There were 2 seconds left and Taylor was ahead on the cards. If Steele had let him continue he would have won the fight. You can agree with the stoppage but you can't deny that if Steele had let him continue he would have won. That is indisputable.
    And if Chavez gets one more power shot off, Taylor dies. Remember the first priority of the referee is the fighters safety.

Comment

Some Ref in Germany that warned a fighter from the U.S. not to hit the Germany based fighter in the face. When I saw that, I literally lost my ****. Lmao...

Comment

Good idea for a thread this.
        As we all know, Mayweather would not take any fight unless ALL aspects were in his favour, from.location, judges, gloves, ring size- the whole shebang. For his fight with Hatton he had a friendly ref. Hatton had no chance trying to box Floyd, his style, and his best chance, would be to.work hard, apply pressure, and fight closer and rough Floyd up. Every time he got inside the ref IMMEDIATELY pulled them.apart. it was blatant pro-Mayweather reffing.
        Let's be clear here: the question is not "in what fight did a ref make the most difference?"

The question is "what are some examples of not impartial reffing?"

In other words, I am not arguing that Hattonn would've won with a unbiased ref, I am simply pointing out that the deck was stacked against Hatton and the ref was definitely instructed to pull the fighters apart the moment they got close.

It's more an American problem than.anywhere else, and don't get me.started on Max Kellerman' s commentating. He's a talking head shill who looks like he's never been.punched in the face. How I'd love to change that.

Comment

Originally posted by CineScape View Post
          Some Ref in Germany that warned a fighter from the U.S. not to hit the Germany based fighter in the face. When I saw that, I literally lost my ****. Lmao...
          As if a US fighter has ever travelled somewhere for a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            That fight where the guy got dropped and then was hit when down (or something like that?) Joe Cortez spent forever fielding suggestions from people at ringside about what to do as the guy sat on the floor pissing with blood wondering wtf was going on.
            Soto/Lorenzo. That wasn't bias, that was incompetence.

I don't even know why the topic is up. We all know the right answer is that ref from the Aaron Herrera fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              Joe Cortez during Mayweather vs. Hatton, he would not allow Hatton to get on the inside.

Kenny Bayless during Mayweather vs. Maidana II, allowed Mayweather to "ref" the fight.

Whoever the ref was for Khan vs. Peterson, that was some home cooking on those point deductions.

Tony Weeks not calling low blows and fouls during Ward vs. Kovalev II

Jack Reiss not controlling Ward's dirty tactics during Ward vs. Kessler
              Tony Weeks (Ward/Kovalev 2 - robbed Ward of a great win by stopping the fight and not doing a 10 count) Also (Maidana/Floyd 1 - Maidana was so dirty and didn't lose a single point...stunning)

Laurence Cole (pretty much EVERY single fight is a sideshow joke)

Joe Cooper (ref of Khan Peterson - JOKE)

Comment

Reid vs Ottke was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
                  Nothing beats the ref from the Juan Coggi vs Eder Gonzalez fight.
                  Hands down the worst. Nothing comes close to it. The ref picked Coggi up after a knock down. The corner held Coggi up by holding his pants against the rope. The time keeper made the rounds shorter until he recovered. Even the crowd was in that disgrace of a fight.

The Ref was banned for life but they should had handed out more penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                    I'm the one who is biased? If you didn't think that was a dreadful refereeing job you're a clown sorry.

PS: I'm not sure if I understood your response correctly, and if i didn't I apologise
                    No, I was joking about your misuse of the term "bias". It's a very Fat Yankistanian thing.

"bias" is a thing you can have, not be. You can't be "bias", you can be biased.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                      Don't forget Russell Mora.

Never saw that, absolutely astonishing.

Andrew Golota would be a world champ with that guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X