Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clottey planned on Pac slowing down, and it didn't happen.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clottey planned on Pac slowing down, and it didn't happen.

It's his fault for thinking that. But regardless, Clottey went into this fight making it known how he felt.

"You slow him down by hitting him.. when I hit him, he will slow down" - This is what Clottey was saying in the countdown...

If anything it was the opposite... as Clottey would land, Pac only UPPED his offense. Clottey planned on pacquiao slowing down in the later rounds so he could take advantage.. and it didn't happen.

I felt Clottey would maybe win 3 rounds in this fight as I said before the fight.

Clottey is an ON and OFF fighter... he is not a counter puncher.

While you are PUNCHING.. he is DEFENDING. When you are DONE, then he will punch.

Couple that with Pac setting a compu box record for punches thrown.. and what do you have?

You have Pacquiao throwing punches nonstop upwards of 100 punches PLUS a round, and you have Clottey almost constantly on defense. This is the Clottey we have always seen. Only difference he was in there with the best fighter in the world.

Margarito also threw a compubox record on Clottey.. but the difference is Margarito is not Pacquiao... he is there to be hit a LOT more than Pac... Pac may not have the BEST defense in the ring but it is certainly worlds apart from Margarito... Margarito also stands directly in front of you, you can hit him at will.. this is why Clottey did so much better.

Not only was Pac throwing 100 punches a round, but he was doing it with movement, speed, angles, and FEINTS.

I hoped Clottey would have made a better account of himself.. but who exactly were we expecting to show up? Maybe our expectations we're a little too high.. on top of a stylistic mismatch..

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

As a Pac fan, I have to say that this was not a good test. At least he didn't come out busted and lost his soul in the ring like Ali/Frazier III or Gatti/Ward. He'll be relatively healthy whoever he fights next time, Mosely or Mayweather.

Comment

Did you expect Clottey to have faster feet or something...that was the same old CLottey--who covered up as soon as combos start flying---it's second nature to him. Once he started to feel Pacquiao's power as when countered he covered up even MORE...yikes.

Comment

Clottey is a coward. He was pathetic. Pac owned him like a cheap whore.

Comment

Clottey also feels that if he is blocking all your punches.. and he is landing cleanly.. that he is in the fight...

He also feels that if he is coming forward, he is doing well..

He is wrong.. but he has always felt that way..

Comment

clottey took a dive.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                It's his fault for thinking that. But regardless, Clottey went into this fight making it known how he felt.

"You slow him down by hitting him.. when I hit him, he will slow down" - This is what Clottey was saying in the countdown...

If anything it was the opposite... as Clottey would land, Pac only UPPED his offense. Clottey planned on pacquiao slowing down in the later rounds so he could take advantage.. and it didn't happen.

I felt Clottey would maybe win 3 rounds in this fight as I said before the fight.

Clottey is an ON and OFF fighter... he is not a counter puncher.

While you are PUNCHING.. he is DEFENDING. When you are DONE, then he will punch.

Couple that with Pac setting a compu box record for punches thrown.. and what do you have?

You have Pacquiao throwing punches nonstop upwards of 100 punches PLUS a round, and you have Clottey almost constantly on defense. This is the Clottey we have always seen. Only difference he was in there with the best fighter in the world.

Margarito also threw a compubox record on Clottey.. but the difference is Margarito is not Pacquiao... he is there to be hit a LOT more than Pac... Pac may not have the BEST defense in the ring but it is certainly worlds apart from Margarito... Margarito also stands directly in front of you, you can hit him at will.. this is why Clottey did so much better.

Not only was Pac throwing 100 punches a round, but he was doing it with movement, speed, angles, and FEINTS.

I hoped Clottey would have made a better account of himself.. but who exactly were we expecting to show up? Maybe our expectations we're a little too high.. on top of a stylistic mismatch..

This. I feel that Clottey may have been scared to open up, but I got the impression that it was more along the lines of Clottey waiting to long. He wanted to wait for Pac to finish punch then unload but the problem was that as soon as Pac started missing he would stop, move to the side and reset. That threw Clottey off because 99% of the boxers Clottey faced, kept throwing after they kept missing and would be right in front on him.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                  Clottey is a coward. He was pathetic. Pac owned him like a cheap whore.
                  Stop being a prick... it wasnt a good night for him... hes not a top echelon fighter. But he is not a coward.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                    Stop being a prick... it wasnt a good night for him... hes not a top echelon fighter. But he is not a coward.
                    don't know if he's a coward but he wasted my $60.

Comment

Working...
                    X