Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Wilder's Win Impressive, Joshua Fight Must Happen Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    What we learned from Deontay Wilder’s 1st-round knockout of Dominic Breazeale

The Ring
    May 19, 2019:

Here’s what we learned from Wilder’s 40th knockout in 42 fights:

1. Deontay Wilder is a star.

It took a long time to get there (about 40 fights), but Wilder has become must-watch television. He also is the biggest enigma in boxing, as evidenced by his nuclear knockout of Breazeale. Coming off a draw with Fury on Dec. 1, Wilder needed to do something to keep fans’ interest after not landing an expected rematch with The Gypsy King. Breazeale wasn’t the fight people wanted, but Wilder’s prefight antics —punctuated by suggesting legalized homicide — kept them engaged. Wilder’s words and the anger the fighters have felt for each other since 2017 made this bout an explosive showdown and one that went from ho-hum to one that compelled people to tune in and see what might happen.

Instead of wasting time, Wilder detonated a vicious bomb on his rival’s chin late in Round 1 and made good on his promise to sink Breazeale’s battleship.

The Bronze Bomber left no stone unturned before and after this fight. He capitalized on the “‘Til this day” catchphrase he made famous ahead of his fight with Fury, kept it entertaining during his media rounds and delivered a confident promo after the KO. Wilder has turned into arguably the most intriguing heavyweight since Mike Tyson.

Oh, and his knockout led ESPN’s “SportsCenter” late Saturday night.

There’s no doubt that when Wilder fights, we’re all watching...

Fans won’t be satisfied until Fury, Wilder and Joshua are scheduled to face one another, but there won’t be a full-blown mutiny while we wait. As a matter of fact, with Wilder’s star growing, Fury re-entering fight fans’ consciousness and Joshua establishing himself stateside, the wait will only make these fights grow bigger in stature.
    Yeah, that's just hyperbole. Just look at his viewing figures and ticket sales. They're down my man. Take off the tin foil hat. It's not happening no matter how much you want it to. He isn't a star. Nor will he ever be.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      AJ embarrassed himself by ducking Wilder multiple times in 2018

he don't wanna get stretched out like Fury and Breazeale

EVERYBODY is talking about Wilder

NOBODY is talking about the guy who ducked Wilder

half-a-dozen idiot Joshua fans cannot miraculously make the world forget about all of AJ's ducking in 2018

the brits all know whats up..... Lennox Lewis, Hatton, Fury, Froch, Khan, Bellew, Haye, Warren, etc..... they all know Joshua is ducking
      Lolx... This is a lost c0urse.... Tell me how many counter offers has wilder and his team offered.
      Then we can talk about who's ducking.

Comment

AJ embarrassed himself by ducking Wilder multiple times in 2018

he don't wanna get stretched out like Fury and Breazeale

EVERYBODY is talking about Wilder

NOBODY is talking about the guy who ducked Wilder

half-a-dozen idiot Joshua fans cannot miraculously make the world forget about all of AJ's ducking in 2018

the brits all know whats up..... Lennox Lewis, Hatton, Fury, Froch, Khan, Bellew, Haye, Warren, etc..... they all know Joshua is ducking
        Josh fights next week. Glad I watched Haneys fight tonight to be reminded of that fact They had the fight written all over the ring

Comment

• Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
          Lolx... This is a lost c0urse.... Tell me how many counter offers has wilder and his team offered.
          Then we can talk about who's ducking.

is $50m the biggest guarantee in boxing history ?

Comment

is $50m the biggest guarantee in boxing history ?
            The last time I checked 100mil was.

Comment

The last time I checked 100mil was.

FACT: 100m was NOT for 1 fight

again.....

did Joshua walk away from the biggest guarantee in boxing history?

Comment

FACT: 100m was NOT for 1 fight

again.....

did Joshua walk away from the biggest guarantee in boxing history?
                for the records, 50mil is correct if you mean twitter fun play. when we talk about aboeal offer, wilder has done none.

Let's get it real here. Tell me again, how many offers has AJ made?

Comment

for the records, 50mil is correct if you mean twitter fun play. when we talk about aboeal offer, wilder has done none.

Let's get it real here. Tell me again, how many offers has AJ made?

so, Joshua DID walk away from the biggest guarantee in boxing history ?

LMAO

coz yea, that offer was real you stumble-bum

maybe you excuse-makers should not bring up "big" offers that were rejected

AJ is the king of rejection if he walked away from the biggest guarantee in boxing history

Comment

so, Joshua DID walk away from the biggest guarantee in boxing history ?

LMAO

coz yea, that offer was real you stumble-bum

maybe you excuse-makers should not bring up "big" offers that were rejected

AJ is the king of rejection if he walked away from the biggest guarantee in boxing history
                    You are confusing yourself here...the biggest guarantee here is 80mil 2 fight deal for a 1.5mil fighter.
                    You can't replace that narrative cos its a fact.

Tell me again who wilder was fighting at fight number 17.

Comment

You are confusing yourself here...the biggest guarantee here is 80mil 2 fight deal for a 1.5mil fighter.
                      You can't replace that narrative cos its a fact.

Tell me again who wilder was fighting at fight number 17.

so, Joshua DID walk away from the single biggest guarantee in boxing history?

because 80 divided by 2 is less than 50..... right ?

and then, AJ lost his pen when they had Wilder on the hook for $15m..... which is the one fact that he - and you - will never live down

Comment

Working...
                      X