No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Korobov Demand Investigation Into Aleem Outcome

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Korobov Demand Investigation Into Aleem Outcome

The team representing WBC #14-rated middleweight Matvey Korobov have sent a letter to the Attorney General and Governor of Virginia, requesting they open an investigation into Korobov's controversial majority draw last Saturday (May 11) against Virginia-based fighter Immanuwel Aleem and several relevant "surrounding incidents."
    [Click Here To Read More]

I only saw the final round of this fight, so I can't comment on the judging.

But if the plan was to benefit from gambling, having two judges agree beforehand to score the fight a draw would be brilliant. Immediate return of 20 or 30 to 1.
    Last edited by CocoonOfHorror; 05-23-2019, 03:20 PM. Reason: Clarified that I did not see the whole fight

Comment

Another prime example of Premier Black Champions screwing over a nonblack fighter

Comment

They are right to protest this. Korobov got screwed big time.

Comment

Didn't watch this fight beyond the last couple rounds, but reading that Aleem sweep the final 3 rounds & while I wasn't scoring the fight I thought Aleem did well in the rounds I saw. So based on that info if you give Aleem 2 of the first 7 rounds you get a draw. Maybe Korobov killed Aleem the first 7 rounds & it shoulda been a 7-3 lock type decision doe idk.

Regardless of any of that good f#cking luck getting a decision reversed. I've seen more decisions get changed in MMA's shorter history than I've heard of since I've been watching boxing. It either stands as is or if things go your way it gets turned into a NC. So if dude is hoping to get it NC'd thats likely his best outcome & I think thats a longshot.

Comment

This is the second time that this guy has had a dodgy decision against him, I actually thought he had a case against Charlo. More than the other Charlo had against Harrison.

Comment

Very very hard to get this overturned
              I hope for Matt but I just don’t see it
              They would have to acknowledge the corruption
              Better chance of seeing God

Comment

Funny how there’s Russians asking the American government help over alleged corruption.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Didn't watch this fight beyond the last couple rounds, but reading that Aleem sweep the final 3 rounds & while I wasn't scoring the fight I thought Aleem did well in the rounds I saw. So based on that info if you give Aleem 2 of the first 7 rounds you get a draw. Maybe Korobov killed Aleem the first 7 rounds & it shoulda been a 7-3 lock type decision doe idk.

Regardless of any of that good f#cking luck getting a decision reversed. I've seen more decisions get changed in MMA's shorter history than I've heard of since I've been watching boxing. It either stands as is or if things go your way it gets turned into a NC. So if dude is hoping to get it NC'd thats likely his best outcome & I think thats a longshot.
                  he won the first 7 rounds easily so yes thats what happened.

Comment

They would be better off getting an immediate rematch. Put the fight on the undercard of Kownacki/Arreola at Barclay's in August.

Comment

Working...
                    X