No announcement yet.

NSB PICK 'EM 2019 #13. 24th March 2019

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b morph View Post
    I always want to pick draws, but I’m always too scared.
    I know right! But in reality it’s just like picking the wrong fighter, except you really get the points if you hit. 50/50 sometimes

Comment

Just looked at the master thread for the first time all year and saw that I’m in first. Realize it’s only through 5 fights and there are more that haven’t updated yet but still feels good lol. Especially since my March madness bracket is already so F’d.

I feel like this fight could end up being pretty close and I’m tempted to pick a draw for the first time since we started doing pickem. Could see Lipinets winning but not getting the nod from the judges too. But I think judges gonna help Lamont a bit in a close fight.

Baltimore, Peterson, Dec, Close

Comment

Originally posted by Baltimore View Post
        Just looked at the master thread for the first time all year and saw that I’m in first. Realize it’s only through 5 fights and there are more that haven’t updated yet but still feels good lol. Especially since my March madness bracket is already so F’d.

I feel like this fight could end up being pretty close and I’m tempted to pick a draw for the first time since we started doing pickem. Could see Lipinets winning but not getting the nod from the judges too. But I think judges gonna help Lamont a bit in a close fight.

I had Kansas State winning it all.

Comment

Bell has rung

Comment

Man, I suck this season.

Comment

Fellas, I’m here at MGM. It was a slugfest. I give up on pick em doe!!!

Comment

You got off to a great start, man, and I think you'll find that you're still hovering around the top slots when I get my ass round to getting that ish to date. Been a funny year though, so far. Lotta upsets and more than the usual number of fights where there wasn't an absolutely clear favourite, so it ain't really surprising the picks have been all over the place.

Mind you, for the sake of the game (and for the sport) I think it's better that way... where's the fun in everyone knowing the winner before they even fight - had waaaay too many of those last year.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
                  I know right! But in reality it’s just like picking the wrong fighter, except you really get the points if you hit. 50/50 sometimes
                  I'm still banging the drum for the idea of incorporating a draw into a new 'very close' kinda pick (closer than 6pts difference). Like if it's a draw anyone who picked 'very close' for either fighter still gets the points for a correct pick. I know some people like the jackpot idea of having a high scoring 'draw' pick, but there's no reason we couldn't still have that too, but obviously that would score you zero for anything other than a DRAW.

Anyways - something to think about for next year! Hope you enjoyed the fights, man.

Comment

You chose Nevada?

Comment

Here are the results, as always check your points.

FrankieClutch 40
                      SUBZER0ED 0
                      BigZ44 0
                      Redd Foxx 0
                      SceneBoxer 0
                      Idunnoshet 40
                      Robbie Barrett 0
                      Blaster1 0
                      jpowell100 20
                      BoxingFan85 20
                      Chrismart 0
                      Snoop Frog 0
                      Duck Adonis 0
                      NC Uppercut 0 3x
                      RJJ-94-02=GOAT 0
                      Ganondorf 0
                      otrocubiche 20
                      The plunger man 40
                      Mammoth 20
                      Mindgame 20
                      Blakbread904 40
                      A.K 0
                      HeadBodyBodyBody 40
                      RockyB 0
                      mathed 0
                      KOBA 20
                      Koolkc107 0
                      ruedboy 20
                      Trashman_ 0
                      Oluminati 0
                      Damn Wicked 0
                      B morph 0
                      Mulako 20
                      Baltimore 0

Congrats to the perfect pickers, most people went with Lamont decision and for 8 rounds it looked like that, but, oh well.

Comment

Working...
                      X