Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mikey is a sell out. He didn’t come to win, he came to survive and collect a check.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Century Tuna View Post
    Anyone who knows boxing expected this...

He could have quit in the 1st round and collected his money either way, but you know he had to trick the fans by getting his arse completely kicked for 12 rounds.

Makes sense to me.

Comment

When I saw him trying to outbox Spence in the first I knew it was over. The ONLY possible chance had of winning was to pressure on the inside with head movement but he stayed in the outside trying to jump in to counter Spence like he doesn't have eyes or a longer reach.

Comment

if that was the case he would've called it a day after 9 rounds. he took extra punishment .. he genuinely thought he could win.

Comment

Originally posted by Century Tuna View Post
          Anyone who knows boxing expected this...
          Congratulations. You win the Most Moronic Post of the Day award.

If Garcia came to collect a check, he could have taken a dive any time. He could have thrown in the towel after his flurry in the 4th or 5th amounted to nothing. He could have stopped when his corner wanted to throw in the towel. Instead, Mikey went out there anyway and got his head beat in for 12 rounds. Like it or not that takes guts.

What happened to Garcia happens to a lot of guys who put on too much weight and move up. They slow down, especially with the head/body movement so they can't slip the jab as easily. They find that their power doesn't faze their opponent and their guy is moving forward without being overly cautious. They find out that the reach disadvantage is a bigger problem than they thought.

Garcia was a game fighter. He just got his butt kicked by a bigger, faster, stronger, better fighter. It was a Bridge Too Far. That doesn't mean he didn't come to win and I think Garcia probably has 10x the heart and balls of a keyboard jockey who thinks he came to collect a check.

Comment

In the eighth round, Spence really started to assert himself. Mikey basically got beat up from there on. Robert Garcia threatened to stop the fight at one point. Mikey did the best he could; he was simply up against too much. That was real punishment he took. Looks to me that if Errol stepped on the gas a little earlier, the fight would’ve ended by KO.

Comment

Originally posted by JJRod View Post
              He could have quit in the 1st round and collected his money either way, but you know he had to trick the fans by getting his arse completely kicked for 12 rounds.

Makes sense to me.
              That wasn’t in the agreement. The agreement was to put in a show for the 75 bucks ppv price in exchange for not getting ktfo.

We all would have been kissed if he bailed in the first including the powers that be.

Comment

Mikey pulled a Chavez Jr. He had a plan to outbox Spence Once that didn't work and he realized he couldn't win like that he quit and went into survival mode rather then take more risks make it war to try and win but doing that was a huge risk getting knocked out in the process. Mikey knew he wasn't winning so said let me just get this check and avoid as much injury as I can possible. Chavez Jr did the same thing against Canelo. That was more embarrassing because Chavez was the bigger man. Mikey said let me live to fight another day and go back down in weight.

Comment

I expected more from Mikey. Even though I picked Spence to win I also expected Mikey to be somewhat competitive, especially in the first part of the fight but Spence had him in survival mode 99% of the fight. Mikey had absolutely no clue what to do and couldn't find a way to get past Spence jab. Mikey did a lot of talking before the fight but in the ring it seemed to be a victory for him to go the distance. I DO think he came to win but Spence was just too good, too big and too much of everything and Mikey quickly got into survival mode.

Comment

He looked like broner in there

Comment

Working...
                    X