No announcement yet.

UK Olympic boxers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Olympic boxers

Anyone keeping an eye on the English boxers at the olympic qualifying tournament in Italy? We have 5 lads through to the semi finals so at least one more chance to qualify for Beijing. (finalists automatically qualify, bronze medalists qualify in only a few of the weight classes)

Would be a fantastic result if even 1 of them gets through to China, already have four qualifiers. If you think last time there was only Amir Khan and the time before that only Audley Harrison!! Imagine 9 boxers through!

I love watching boxing at the olympics!

Is Frankie Gavin going to the olympics already? I should imagine he has already qualified....

Comment

Originally posted by PeROxiDE View Post
      Is Frankie Gavin going to the olympics already? I should imagine he has already qualified....
      Yep, he's gonna be amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Hills View Post
        Anyone keeping an eye on the English boxers at the olympic qualifying tournament in Italy? We have 5 lads through to the semi finals so at least one more chance to qualify for Beijing. (finalists automatically qualify, bronze medalists qualify in only a few of the weight classes)

Would be a fantastic result if even 1 of them gets through to China, already have four qualifiers. If you think last time there was only Amir Khan and the time before that only Audley Harrison!! Imagine 9 boxers through!

I love watching boxing at the olympics!
        In 2000 we had Audley Harrison and Courtney Fry!

heres a list of all the british boxers to enter olympics.

we we much better years ago.

http://www.olympics.org.uk/sportallt...spx?gt=s&sp=BX

Comment

hopefully billy joe saunders will qualify...he's an amazing prospect. has recently beaten both the cuban no 1 at his weightclass, and the european champion.

i like degale as well, but his punch resistance looks weak....he always seems to outbox his opponents and then get hurt in the second half of the fight and have to hang on

Comment

billy joe saunders looks class, unbeaten in his senior career.

I think there is enough money in amateur boxing now so they would be less likely to turn pro, especially with 2012 round the corner

http://www.insidethegames.com/show-news.php?id=1869

Comment

Originally posted by Hills View Post
              Anyone keeping an eye on the English boxers at the olympic qualifying tournament in Italy?
              Funny that! You mention in your title "UK" but you mention in your thread "English"?!?

This view from the many English people who view UK as simply England is one of the main reasons I want Scotland to become independent.

As far as the Olympics go... **** it. I'm not watching them this year as China should never have won the right to host the games. A nation that carts a mobile hanging truck around the country doesn't deserve to host the Olympics.

IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Unanimous View Post
                Funny that! You mention in your title "UK" but you mention in your thread "English"?!?

This view from the many English people who view UK as simply England is one of the main reasons I want Scotland to become independent.

As far as the Olympics go... **** it. I'm not watching them this year as China should never have won the right to host the games. A nation that carts a mobile hanging truck around the country doesn't deserve to host the Olympics.

IMO.

Thats because England owns Scotland and one day you will realise that too little man.

Comment

Originally posted by Unanimous View Post

IMO.
                  wow you're a barrel of laughs!

2 more boxers qualified! James DeGale and Khalid Yafai won their semi-finals. Billy Joe Saunders and Stephen Smith have one more chance to get the bronze medal and qualify. Sounds like Saunders was unlucky and only just lost 15:13, Smith was losing 11:1 after the first so they 'withdrew' him to focus on the bronze medal match!

Comment

Working...
                  X