Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broner was 150lbs on fight night. Why cant he fight @ 140 again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    Vasquez, Burns? The only people I see calling for these fights are Broner fans who are against him moving up to 140.
    that's bs man look in any vasquez vs burns thread and everyone is expecting broner to fight the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Galarga View Post
      Is not that He can't, the real question is: WHY WOULD HE? He's young and makes 130-135 easy which gives him weight advantage at fight night. Why would He give that up? By the time He hits 140 He will be a super star... and that you can take to the bank.
      Are u really a boxing fan? You'd rather see Broner do what benefits him rather than see him face fighters who's on par with him and make much more entertaining and competitive fights?

Comment

I see many if not all of Broners fans against a move for him to 140lbs. They keep saying that he's young and shouldnt be rushed. Now I respect Broners skills and am a fan of his fan friendly aggression in the ring, but lets be honest. there is absolutely no comp for him at 135. Its a dead division filled with C-B level fighters.

Lets take Danny Garcia for example. He has had just as many pro fights as Broner and has already faced the likes of Amir Khan, the hard hitting Kendall Holt, and is tabbed to face Zab Judah.

I constantly see Broner's fans comparing him to Floyd, yet in Floyd's 25th pro fight, he was facing Diego Corrales and had already faced Genaro Hernadez and Manfredy.

Although Broner makes the weight its obvious he can compete at 140 given the fact that he comes in the ring weighing what Floyd and Pac do for their WW boughts.

So I ask, why do his fans prefer to see him protected rather than see him move up to the talent rich 140lb division?
        I'm not against him moving up to 104, just supporting their decision to stay at 135 for a while. He said he has no problem making 135 and even weighed in at 134 the other day, so why not be at 135. He's 23 years old, why rush him if they want to fight at 135? Its just stupid to criticize that decision. That's something a kid or a hater would say. He's already recently started talking about going up to 140 at the end of the year or maybe as soon as his next fight. [/thread]

Comment

Are u really a boxing fan? You'd rather see Broner do what benefits him rather than see him face fighters who's on par with him and make much more entertaining and competitive fights?
          I'm sure if you had a young up and coming fighter fighting under you, you wouldn't throw him in there with guys that could beat him just to entertain your self and everyone else. If you were smart, you'd bring that fighter along until he was ready. If they don't feel Broner is ready, then maybe he's not ready, so you need to respect their decision. I know you want to see him lose, but be realistic about the situation.

Comment

Once Broner hits the 140 weight class it won't be so easy for him to win there. The 140 weight class is stacked and he will be fighting guys that are the same size as him.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
              I'm sure if you had a young up and coming fighter fighting under you, you wouldn't throw him in there with guys that could beat him just to entertain your self and everyone else. If you were smart, you'd bring that fighter along until he was ready. If they don't feel Broner is ready, then maybe he's not ready, so you need to respect their decision. I know you want to see him lose, but be realistic about the situation.
              It's not about me wanting to see him lose. I just want to see him in the ring with a competitive opponent win/lose/draw.

Comment

People criticize Pac and Floyd for not cleaning out divisions, but criticizing Broner for not moving up to 140. Let the dude clear out the 135 division. Most of those guys at 140 are not even fighting each other. We don't know how Broner would fight against a Richard Abril or Miguel Vasquez....Nobody was rushing Rios to move up and he failed to make 135 twice.....

Comment

I see many if not all of Broners fans against a move for him to 140lbs. They keep saying that he's young and shouldnt be rushed. Now I respect Broners skills and am a fan of his fan friendly aggression in the ring, but lets be honest. there is absolutely no comp for him at 135. Its a dead division filled with C-B level fighters.

Lets take Danny Garcia for example. He has had just as many pro fights as Broner and has already faced the likes of Amir Khan, the hard hitting Kendall Holt, and is tabbed to face Zab Judah.

I constantly see Broner's fans comparing him to Floyd, yet in Floyd's 25th pro fight, he was facing Diego Corrales and had already faced Genaro Hernadez and Manfredy.

Although Broner makes the weight its obvious he can compete at 140 given the fact that he comes in the ring weighing what Floyd and Pac do for their WW boughts.

So I ask, why do his fans prefer to see him protected rather than see him move up to the talent rich 140lb division?
                  It's a bigger pond and there be rough water and sharks.

Comment

after that performance he had over the week end, id love to see him fight burns...

Comment

Look, this is how it is. and this is coming from a HUGE Broner fan, just look at my username. Adrien Broner is at the big stage in front of you all because he is so full of natural, God given talent but he still has a few minor things to fix. He still gets hit a little more then I like. He needs to sure up his defense and what place is better to do that than the 135 division before you move into a tough 140 weight class? He's filling in those holes before his move and it only makes sense. When Broner moves up to 140, he is going to be a complete fighter and tear right through everyone.

Comment

Working...
                      X