Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is rap/hip hop something that you just grow out of?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is rap/hip hop something that you just grow out of?

I liked it as a teen/early 20's then all of a sudden got totally bored of it and had no interest in what any rapper was saying. Just wondering if other people out there still love it as much in adulthood? I literally can't bare to listen to any rap now at all and when I hear any rap song old or new just cringe. I consider the likes of Tupac to have some talent, but Kanye West to me has no talent whatsoever, same goes for most the others.

Originally posted by cally83 View Post
    I liked it as a teen/early 20's then all of a sudden got totally bored of it and had no interest in what any rapper was saying. Just wondering if other people out there still love it as much in adulthood? I literally can't bare to listen to any rap now at all and when I hear any rap song old or new just cringe. I consider the likes of Tupac to have some talent, but Kanye West to me has no talent whatsoever, same goes for most the others.
    You grow out of certain kinds of hip hop; not necessarily hip hop totally, imo anyway.

Pretty much like the nightlife scene, tbh; from the moment you turn 18 or so, most folks like being out. By the time you get to your mid 20s or so, the club scene really isn't the go-to anymore and the lounges/bars get more attention. By the time you get to the late 20s/early 30s, the nightlife scene is pretty much done with.

A bar for the occasional drink, and maybe the odd get together for a celebration, but folks get tired of the nightlife scene generally.

Comment

Ask old ass Snoop Lion that lol

Comment

Still bumping it since 1991!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SinderellaMan View Post
          Still bumping it since 1991!!!!
          Does it really still resonate with you though?

Comment

Originally posted by cally83 View Post
            Does it really still resonate with you though?
            Not the new garbage.
            I listen to the stuff from my era. Memories

Comment

I grew up on the sugar hill gang, and grand master flash and the furious five...
              I grew outta rap20 years ago.

Gangster rappers who never killed or did time... those that do, are killers first... rappers second...

Agents... lawyers... I’ve picked up dudes getting released who got a tighter rap game than all the Putin’s people praise... plus real street cred... **** that... they got real cases they beat or are still pending...

Dre, M&M(whinny azz white puto) and snoop( never busted a grape). Bish ass commercial putos are clocking a grip ... they keep it as real as the fake kicks who buy their music..

Comment

Working...
              X