Collapse
No announcement yet.

would canelo have beaten paul williams?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would canelo have beaten paul williams?

had the fight happened? I really dont see it . what I think if the punisher was still around today he would've fought GGG already with no hesitation, probably would've retired the next day tho from GGG beatdown.

and if he canelo won , pwill would be the best fighter he would've fought right now not named Floyd.

Yeah, canelo would have beaten williams, probably would have stopped him..

Williams was basically shot when he was set to fight canelo.. It would be like canelo vs angulo or kirkland.. Aged, straight forward, shaky chin fighters that would square up in front of canelo and get blazed..

Williams was much more effective before serg cracked that chin and put him to sleep

Comment

I don't see how any version of Williams could have beaten Canelo period, Williams may have had a consistent jab but when he threw combinations he would fall into his own shots, minimize his physical advantages and get into shootouts. The most complete fight I've ever seen Williams fight was against Margarito, he fought a perfect fight from rounds 1 to 7 and Margarito still managed to come on strong late because of what I mentioned. Canelo of course is a far better counter puncher than Margarito.

Comment

Canelo would've won, somewhat easily.
        Williams was past-it by then.. Also Canelo was a project, so unless he get slept, he would get the decision

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
          I don't see how any version of Williams could have beaten Canelo period, Williams may have had a consistent jab but when he threw combinations he would fall into his own shots, minimize his physical advantages and get into shootouts. The most complete fight I've ever seen Williams fight was against Margarito, he fought a perfect fight from rounds 1 to 7 and Margarito still managed to come on strong late because of what I mentioned. Canelo of course is a far better counter puncher than Margarito.
          canelo is a good counter puncher but how much of the pwill offensive attack would he have been able to capitalize given he fights in spurts unless we know he punches as hard or harder than Sergio which then could end in one shot, how could he have outpointed pwill then?we know he aint using them cement legs duplicate all the people that beat pwil. remember Angulo gave canelo a good run for his money too.

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
            canelo is a good counter puncher but how much of the pwill offensive attack would he have been able to capitalize given he fights in spurts unless we know he punches as hard or harder than Sergio which then could end in one shot, how could he have outpointed pwill then?we know he aint using them cement legs duplicate all the people that beat pwil. remember Angulo gave canelo a good run for his money too.
            It's not about whether he hits harder than Martinez or not, Canelo has more ways to counter you than Martinez since he has more of an offensive arsenal, Canelo is also a better inside fighter who is more committed to attacking the body. Rewatch the Martinez-Williams I fight again, for as entertaining as it was, it was also very sloppy from close quarters.

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post

angulo definitely lost every round bro, that's not giving somebody a run for their money.

buy I agree p will would have gave canelo hell

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                It's not about whether he hits harder than Martinez or not, Canelo has more ways to counter you than Martinez since he has more of an offensive arsenal, Canelo is also a better inside fighter who is more committed to attacking the body. Rewatch the Martinez-Williams I fight again, for as entertaining as it was, it was also very sloppy from close quarters.

He fought Sergio martinez on 2 weeks notice after pavlik pulled out.

He went from preparing to fight a orthodox fighter to fighting a southpaw on 2 weeks notice.

He wasn't prepared for Sergio martinez

Paul had trouble with southpaw- Sergio,lara,quintana

Paul would have throwed 1000 punches and hit 21 year old canelo with about 300 of them. Williams by decision
                Last edited by bluebeam; 05-15-2016, 03:43 PM.

Comment

The Canelo of 2011-12 would have had a very hard time with Williams, yeah PWill was on his way down but he definitely had enough left to be there all the way. Williams got his chin cracked by Martinez but Canelo does not hit as hard as far as I can see.

I think most people would immediately look at this as a match up of 2016 Canelo vs Williams. That's not what the TS is asking. This more complete version of Canelo would be much better suited at dealing with Williams' offensive storm.

..... The fight was actually scheduled to take place before Paul had his accident. I remember being so down when I read the news... Williams was hard not to root for.
                  Last edited by NaijaD; 05-15-2016, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Canelo would have beat Paul up.

He fell in with his shots, walked onto counters, had zero power. Even a young Canelo would have put it on Paul with counter punches.

Comment

Working...
                    X