No announcement yet.

Hands hurt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hands hurt

I just started training 3 weeks ago and my hands/knuckes are killing me, mostly on the pinky side of my hand. Is this normal, and if so, what can I do about it if anything? Thanks in advance for the advice.

i hear about this with a lot of people starting out i think its just that your hitting the bad wrong and focusing too much of your punch on one side of you hand probably mainly with the uppercuts try and learn how to land the punches better

Comment

Originally posted by Dyl-G
      i hear about this with a lot of people starting out i think its just that your hitting the bad wrong and focusing too much of your punch on one side of you hand probably mainly with the uppercuts try and learn how to land the punches better
      i think its normal.. especially if you're just starting.. just make sure you Ice it up immediately after your workout...

Comment

Originally posted by tysonortiz
        I just started training 3 weeks ago and my hands/knuckes are killing me, mostly on the pinky side of my hand. Is this normal, and if so, what can I do about it if anything? Thanks in advance for the advice.
        u just need to quit lying and tell us how ya really hurt ur hands
        ur pinkys mostly hurten?
        id say excessive wackin off
        but thats just my opinion

Comment

Your punching incorrectly if those 2 knuckles/fingers are hurting. When striking the bag or what ever you should be punching with the first 2 knuckles from your thumb, your indez and middle fingers.

Also, you are new and your hands are not used to it yet. Build them. Get a grip type exercise machine or gadget and keep squeezing it, build those hands strong..............Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin1
            Your punching incorrectly if those 2 knuckles/fingers are hurting. When striking the bag or what ever you should be punching with the first 2 knuckles from your thumb, your indez and middle fingers.

Also, you are new and your hands are not used to it yet. Build them. Get a grip type exercise machine or gadget and keep squeezing it, build those hands strong..............Rockin'
            u can also do knuckle/fingertip pushups

Comment

get good wraps.... i like mexican wraps... wrap them well... ask an experienced boxer to show you how to wrap them...

if you are really a heavy hitter you may need additional padding/tape to keep ur hands from hurting

Comment

I have exactly the same thing,I made a post about this about a week ago.
                I think it's mainly due to a throwing a bad punch,as I occasionally screw up on the bag and hit with the wrong knuckles.Bad form I guess.
                However,sometimes it just hurts when I hit with the correct form,which I think is down to an ongoing-injury with the metatarsal bone in my hand.

Ice it up,and see if the injury persists,I've had mine for a while.It's gone away in recent days of training,so I think I'm ok.
                Wrap carefully too,and watch your form.

I'm investing in a pair of Mexican hand wraps as we speak,I'll let you know how I get on,as it's clear we both have the same problem.
                Last edited by Pretty Boy; 04-15-2005, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Great, thanks for the advice. Ill let you know what happens.

Comment

Oh, and arent the mexican wraps ridiculously long or is it just me?

Comment

Working...
                    X