Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dept of Justice releases Orlando killer's 991 calls, with references to Islam omitted

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dept of Justice releases Orlando killer's 991 calls, with references to Islam omitted

"Orlando killer Omar Mateen claimed responsibility for his assault in a 911 call during the massacre, identifying himself as an Islamic soldier, according to partial transcripts released Monday that were scrubbed of any references to the Islamic State terror group.

“Praise be to God, and prayers as well as peace be upon the prophet of God [in Arabic]. I let you know, I’m in Orlando and I did the shootings,” Mateen told a 911 dispatcher during a 50-second phone call at 2:35 a.m. on June 12.

"I pledge allegiance to [omitted] may God protect him [in Arabic], on behalf of [omitted]," Mateen told the dispatcher.

The Justice Department's release omitted any references to ISIS or Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, although Mateen is known from prior FBI statements to have pledged allegiance to the ISIS chief and expressed solidarity with other terrorists.

Orlando killer Omar Mateen claimed responsibility for his assault in a 911 call during the massacre, identifying himself as an Islamic soldier, according to partial transcripts released Monday that were scrubbed of any references to the Islamic State terror group.

“Praise be to God, and prayers as well as peace be upon the prophet of God [in Arabic]. I let you know, I’m in Orlando and I did the shootings,” Mateen told a 911 dispatcher during a 50-second phone call at 2:35 a.m. on June 12.

"I pledge allegiance to [omitted] may God protect him [in Arabic], on behalf of [omitted]," Mateen told the dispatcher.

The Justice Department's release omitted any references to ISIS or Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, although Mateen is known from prior FBI statements to have pledged allegiance to the ISIS chief and expressed solidarity with other terrorists.

"As the killer made these statements, he did so in a chilling, calm and deliberate manner," Assistant Special Agent in Charge Ron Hopper said during a Monday news conference.

The decision to redact certain crucial references was controversial. Speaker of the House Paul Ryan, R-Wis., blasted the move in a statement.

“Selectively editing this transcript is preposterous," Ryan said. "We know the shooter was a radical Islamist extremist inspired by ISIS. We also know he intentionally targeted the LGBT community. The administration should release the full, unredacted transcript so the public is clear-eyed about who did this, and why."

Hopper, however, defended the deletions.

"[Mateen] does not represent the religion of Islam, but a perverted view," Hopper said, later adding: "Part of the redacting is meant to not give credence to individuals who have done terrorist attacks in the past. We're not gonna propagate their violent rhetoric."

Source (full story):
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/20...l?intcmp=hpbt1

It's almost exactly what Orwell warned us about...

Quick, somebody call nine-nine-one!

Comment

Lmao I will never understand the support for Islam but hate for Christianity

Comment

I gotta go dump a massive Mohammed. I will have to light several matches after, because we all know what a child molesting fake prophet smells like.

I dump a mohon twice a day, and get new revelations as I extrude the prophet of Islam.

My flying donkey was sent to the store to buy toilet paper, he better fly straight!

Comment

i swear in the name of allah, jesus, and shae summer's t*ts that i tried to make this very same thread last night and bscene wouldnt let me.

this move by of course president obama and his liberal delusions is perverting democracy.

why doctor the information?

why mess with the god damn truth?

tell the public what he really said.

do not doctor the evidence.

even the reason that lynch gave was utterly weak and disingenuous talking about we dont want to revictimize the victims. what complete horse****.

you are already doing that anyway by releasing the transcripts. the fact that you are not releasing all of it but instead omitting crucial brutal truths is showing more disrespect to the peoples lives who were lost and who went through this tragic event.

YOU OWE IT TO THE VICTIMS FAMILIES AND THE SURVIVORS TO RELEASE THE UNVARNISHED TRUTH!!!!!

THIS IS SUBTERFUGE AGAINST DEMOCRACY.....

Comment

how can you even begin to address the problem and find an honest and logical solution if you dont even refuse to accurately say what is causing this?

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
              how can you even begin to address the problem and find an honest and logical solution if you dont even refuse to accurately say what is causing this?
              “We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” -Ayn Rand

Comment

i don't have a problem with it being made publci that he was "inspired by" isis. just don't call him a member of the organization without any evidence.

isis broadcasts. in that regard, anybody who listens to those broadcasts can claim to be "inspired by isis." and isis can claim some kind of ownership of the attack. as far as i know at this point, and this may be something that is known in the investigation and kept secret because it is an ongoing investigation and matter of national security, mateen had no contact with isis outside of their broadcasting, and wasn't much more a member of isis than i am a member of the nation of islam after listening to ali plug them after a fight in the 60's.

called was "inspired by" isis. caller referred to isis.

caller wasn't "in" isis. caller was actually, from all indications, a f#ggot; a lifestyle forbidden by isis / fundamentalist muslims, and punishable by death. there are actually videos on the internet of people from isis tossing gay men from buildings, cutting their heads off, and mateen probably wouldn't have been above this. he was a confused individual.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                  “We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” -Ayn Rand

"the answer is not to ban islam, but to ask more of islam"

-bm

i sorta like that answer. i dont know it doesnt go far enough. we cant depend on muslims for our security, we hav eto do it ourselves. and that means some hard choices that a large brainwashed portion of our population is just not willing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    i don't have a problem with it being made publci that he was "inspired by" isis. just don't call him a member of the organization without any evidence.

isis broadcasts. in that regard, anybody who listens to those broadcasts can claim to be "inspired by isis." and isis can claim some kind of ownership of the attack. as far as i know at this point, and this may be something that is known in the investigation and kept secret because it is an ongoing investigation and matter of national security, mateen had no contact with isis outside of their broadcasting, and wasn't much more a member of isis than i am a member of the nation of islam after listening to ali plug them after a fight in the 60's.

called was "inspired by" isis. caller referred to isis.

caller wasn't "in" isis. caller was actually, from all indications, a f#ggot; a lifestyle forbidden by isis / fundamentalist muslims, and punishable by death. there are actually videos on the internet of people from isis tossing gay men from buildings, cutting their heads off, and mateen probably wouldn't have been above this. he was a confused individual.
                    I wonder if Isis has an application or initiation ritual? Mateen loved c0ck and Islam. All he needed to do was find that gay Imam and reconcile his conflicting beliefs. He could drain c0ck in the name of Allah, and his child molesting prophet mo****!
                    Last edited by Zaroku; 06-20-2016, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X