training

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• training

hi

im small for my age ,when i spar i dont hav power like other ppl my age but i hav speed and stamina but i wanted to know how how to develop harder punch without putin on strenth by weights cos i heard its bad if u wanna lose that muscle
    thnx

Just work on your technique and getting your weight into your punches. If you want to get stronger do pullups and hindu squats. You sound like you're still a kid so you may not be so small once you hit a growth spurt. How old are you? If you are under 15 I wouldn't lift too much as you may damage your growth plates and stunt your growth.

Comment

im 15 ,5'1 -small lol

Comment

hwo much do you weigh

Comment

Judging by your other post about where to get handwraps, I'm assuming you're not actually training with a coach in a boxing gym yet, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Achilles
            Just work on your technique and getting your weight into your punches. If you want to get stronger do pullups and hindu squats. You sound like you're still a kid so you may not be so small once you hit a growth spurt. How old are you? If you are under 15 I wouldn't lift too much as you may damage your growth plates and stunt your growth.
            How do you propose pullups will increase punching power? You're training the antagonist muscles to the ones activated in a punch, so it's really not specific to punching at all...

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba3000
              Judging by your other post about where to get handwraps, I'm assuming you're not actually training with a coach in a boxing gym yet, right?

yes im amatuer but cant fight till i get braces out

Comment

Do yourself a favour, then. Don't worry about punching at all yet. If you're serious about learning to box, the biggest mistake you can make is getting a bag now and trying to teach yourself to punch hard. Later on when you go to a proper gym and get a coach, you're going to have tons of bad habits and it'll be twice as hard to teach you anything. Most young people don't listen to this and you probably won't either, but it's true. For now, just worry about your cardio conditioning. Run a lot, and learn how to sprint. All a boxing coach wants from you is that you're in pretty good shape and you're willing to pay attention and work hard. The rest is up to him.

Comment

The pullups are to develop his overall upper body strength to help him in the clinches. I didn't say anything about them helping him punch harder.

Comment

pullups/chin ups, squats, pushups(all kind of variaties), and plyometrics....

In my opinion, the best tool for punching power is the heavy bag...try hitting the BIG bags..

Comment

Working...
                    X