No announcement yet.

Anselmo Moreno=Young Pernell Whitaker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anselmo Moreno=Young Pernell Whitaker

No saying his career will turn out the same, but this cat fights a replica of Pernell. Couldn't find any good video of the Monshipour fight where he fights even more like Sweet Pea. 118 is loaded and pretty top heavy, I want to see the titlists mix it up.

Yes
    35.00%
    No
    65.00%

He fighting somebody Lopez KO'd in 7 so lets see. I dont think we are gonna hear about him much...

Comment

He's very good, I like his style but if he fights Hasegawa he's done.

Comment

Alot of south paw have been called the next Pernell Whitaker, even Zab Judah and some other dude, can't remember name. I'll see if he's good, *Watches Video*.

Comment

hell no you fool. i've seen this guy fight sidorenko. moreno's a mobile slickster but his offensive arsenal is seriously lacking. very little variety and sometimes poor selection of punches. he arm punches a lot, seems to be content punching without his legs set. his upper body movement is nowhere near as good as whitaker's was.

Comment

Originally posted by IwatchBoxing View Post
            He fighting somebody Lopez KO'd in 7 so lets see. I dont think we are gonna hear about him much...
            He's not a knockout artist, he's a bantamweight, he's Panamanian, and he fight's everywhere, but the US.

Seeing as how I compared him to a young Pernell Whitaker and still even the supposed 'hardcore boxing fans' didn't give a flying fuck, you're right. We probably won't be hearing too much about Moreno until he beats a caliber opponent on US tv.

Comment

Originally posted by kaki View Post
              hell no you fool. i've seen this guy fight sidorenko. moreno's a mobile slickster but his offensive arsenal is seriously lacking. very little variety and sometimes poor selection of punches. he arm punches a lot, seems to be content punching without his legs set. his upper body movement is nowhere near as good as whitaker's was.
              Settle down, no need to be an angry ****. He's visibly improved since the Sidorenko fight and is going into his opponents' back yard and winning without knocking them out so he must be doing something right.

Comment

Not bad at all but DAAAAYUUUUM, shouldn't he be fighting at 130?

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                  Settle down, no need to be an angry ****. He's visibly improved since the Sidorenko fight and is going into his opponents' back yard and winning without knocking them out so he must be doing something right.
                  not really. not at all moron.

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano. View Post
                    Not bad at all but DAAAAYUUUUM, shouldn't he be fighting at 130?
                    That just means he'll be able to effectively jump a couple weight classes. The guy looks like he's only getting better, but constantly fighting in opponents' backyards is dangerous as ****. I could see him getting robbed and since it won't be on American tv few will really give a ****.

Comment

Working...
                    X