No announcement yet.

Somebody help me out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody help me out

What did Jon Jones do to become so unpopular?

I don't really keep up with MMA. I remember when Jon Jones first got popular and everyone was talking about him like he was the future of the sport.

Now everyone seems to hate him (something about him being arrogant). What did he do?

Originally posted by Unknown Champ
    People are to concerned with his personal life then what he does in the octagon and are just pure fuukin jealous of his success. Pu$$ies like KAPS are always hatin on the kid.
    What makes it worse bones always puts on spectacular performances every fight!!! And finishes everyone (except RashaD)!!!!
    I guess when you are on top people wanna see you fall, that's life.
    That's cool but....what did he do?

Comment

alot of ppl are hating on him for not taking the fight with sonnen on short notice that led to the cancellation to ufc 151....

Comment

Well , Jon Jones is destroying top level guys like they're nothing , thats why you could label him as " special ". I think the hate train started last year when he demolished and made Shogun quit. Now if you know who Shogun is , he was an absolute beast back in pride. Jones just took his soul. Lets just say Jon Jones is like what Floyd Mayweather is to boxing. Young , black , rich , confident and like it or not , thats a formula to receive hate.

Comment

Originally posted by *Boss* View Post
          Well , Jon Jones is destroying top level guys like they're nothing , thats why you could label him as " special ". I think the hate train started last year when he demolished and made Shogun quit. Now if you know who Shogun is , he was an absolute beast back in pride. Jones just took his soul. Lets just say Jon Jones is like what Floyd Mayweather is to boxing. Young , black , rich , confident and like it or not , thats a formula to receive hate.
          Ahh o.k.

Comment

I use to dislike him for his fake personality. Now that he's no longer acting like a drone, I kind of like him (I always respected his talent). Him demonstrating that he isn't one of Dana White's prostitutes, as are most fighters in the UFC, is an extra bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
              What did Jon Jones do to become so unpopular?

I don't really keep up with MMA. I remember when Jon Jones first got popular and everyone was talking about him like he was the future of the sport.

Now everyone seems to hate him (something about him being arrogant). What did he do?
              Drunk Driving?

Or I guess if we are talking MMA-wise not wanting to fight Sonnen

Comment

I got nothing but the upmost respect for Jones' talent and skill. The guy as a person is awful though, he keeps pretending to be a good guy, but his actions prove otherwise. A few examples.

He tweeted last year that "I will not now or ever turn down a fight."
                So what does he do next? Turns down a fight with an out of shape middleweight after coming off a full training camp causing UFC 151 to be cancelled, stating that he doesn't care about the other fighters who where on the card, who trained hard and needed paychecks to feed their families.

Another popular Quote from him was "I'm no dummy, you won't catch me getting any DUI's"

People think he's hated because he's good at fighting which is probably the dumbest **** I've ever heard, if that where the case why are guys like Anderson Silva and GSP so beloved?

To be honest, if he'd stop playing the whole "I'm a good guy humble bull****" and just be who he really is, I'd probably be more of a fan. Just can't stand his fake personality...

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                  I got nothing but the upmost respect for Jones' talent and skill. The guy as a person is awful though, he keeps pretending to be a good guy, but his actions prove otherwise. A few examples.

He tweeted last year that "I will not now or ever turn down a fight."
                  So what does he do next? Turns down a fight with an out of shape middleweight after coming off a full training camp causing UFC 151 to be cancelled, stating that he doesn't care about the other fighters who where on the card, who trained hard and needed paychecks to feed their families.

Another popular Quote from him was "I'm no dummy, you won't catch me getting any DUI's"

People think he's hated because he's good at fighting which is probably the dumbest **** I've ever heard, if that where the case why are guys like Anderson Silva and GSP so beloved?

To be honest, if he'd stop playing the whole "I'm a good guy humble bull****" and just be who he really is, I'd probably be more of a fan. Just can't stand his fake personality...
                  Originally posted by oscar_angels091 View Post
                  alot of ppl are hating on him for not taking the fight with sonnen on short notice that led to the cancellation to ufc 151....

They had to cancel the entire event? So that's basically where all of this started?
                  Last edited by res; 09-25-2012, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
                    They had to cancel the entire event? So that's basically where all of this started?
                    Hell no, he was hated before that.

Comment

Working...
                    X